Why North Memorial Health?
At North Memorial Health you will be a valuable member of our inclusive and nurturing team that values professional growth, offering big benefits like tuition reimbursement and a supportive culture with a world of education and training opportunities.
Our health system encompasses two hospital locations in Robbinsdale and Maple Grove as well as a network of 24 clinics which includes 13 primary clinics, 5 specialty clinics, 4 urgent care/urgency centers and emergency care offerings covering five counties. Our Robbinsdale Hospital, established in 1954, is a 385-bed facility recognized as the top Level 1 Trauma center for 25 years, as well as serving as a Level II pediatric trauma center, and Level III NICU. Our Maple Grove Hospital was established in 2009, is a 134-bed facility recognized as a top hospital in the state for Women and Children Care, with a Level III NICU, and is the largest Family Birth Center in the state (~5,000 deliveries per year and over 50,000 babies delivered). Both have been named to the 2022 Fortune/Merative 100 Top Hospitals® list, 2023 Women’s Choice Award Best Hospitals list.
Benefits the North Way!
As North Memorial Health is a non-profit organization you are eligible for the Public Student Loan Forgiveness program. Most part-time and all full-time positions are eligible for benefits.
- Adoption Reimbursement up to $3000 per child!
- Child Care Discount Program with New Horizon 10% off weekly childcare tuition!
- Education/Tuition Reimbursement
- 24/7 Fitness Center Access for all benefit eligible team members!
Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At North Memorial Health we recognize that the strength of our team lies in our diversity and make every effort to embrace the unique contributions and experiences of each person on our team. We strive to ensure that everyone feels like they are a valuable part of our community, with initiatives that reinforce our belief in diversity, equity, and inclusivity, to promote a workforce that enables authenticity, as we want to be our best when providing effective services to our patients. We acknowledge and celebrate the unique traditions, backgrounds, languages, beliefs, and customs of our community, and want everyone to feel welcome. Through our DE&I initiatives we hope to dispel myths, assumptions, and acts of implicit bias. Some of these initiatives include:
- Addressing system racism and inequities through our Safer Work Environment (Safer) initiative
- Use of pronoun badges and preferred names
- Encouraging cultural awareness through education and training
About this position
The Nursing Assistant assists the care team in providing age specific supportive, compassionate care and in ensuring a safe environment for customers and families. Receives direction and works with the care team to meet the defined goals of the customer, shift, department and organization. Communication with the health care team related to progress, concerns, questions or problems that arise are an essential element of the role.
Variation of duties may result based on the assigned customer care unit(s). This may include differences in the specific clinical skills required of the nursing assistant. Unit based skill lists outline expectations beyond the house wide nursing assistant requirements.*
*See supporting information available in Policy/Procedure # NA0002 - Customer Assignment.
• High school graduate or equivalent required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Proficiency in oral and written English sufficient to perform the essential functions of the position.
• Skill in basic computer operation
• Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification required within 90 days of hire or transfer. BLS Certifications obtained online will not be accepted. - NMHC Standard
• Successful completion of a State of Minnesota administered certification exam for nursing assistants, or completion of one (1) semester of clinical rotation within an accredited nursing program. - NMHC Standard.
The North Memorial Health System is dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t perfectly align with every qualification listed, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may still be the right candidate for this or other roles.
Work Group: 113 Service Workers
Hours per two week pay period: 56
Shift: Day/Evening 8 hours
Weekend Requirement: Every Other Weekend
Call Requirement: None
Remote or On-site: On-site
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt