Why North Memorial Health?
At North Memorial Health you will be a valuable member of our inclusive and nurturing team that values professional growth, offering big benefits like tuition reimbursement and a supportive culture with a world of education and training opportunities.
Our health system encompasses two hospital locations in Robbinsdale and Maple Grove as well as a network of 24 clinics which includes 13 primary clinics, 5 specialty clinics, 4 urgent care/urgency centers and emergency care offerings covering five counties. Our Robbinsdale Hospital, established in 1954, is a 385-bed facility recognized as the top Level 1 Trauma center for 25 years, as well as serving as a Level II pediatric trauma center, and Level III NICU. Our Maple Grove Hospital was established in 2009, is a 134-bed facility recognized as a top hospital in the state for Women and Children Care, with a Level III NICU, and is the largest Family Birth Center in the state (~5,000 deliveries per year and over 50,000 babies delivered). Both have been named to the 2022 Fortune/Merative 100 Top Hospitals® list, 2023 Women’s Choice Award Best Hospitals list.
Benefits the North Way!
As North Memorial Health is a non-profit organization you are eligible for the Public Student Loan Forgiveness program. Most part-time and all full-time positions are eligible for benefits.
- Adoption Reimbursement up to $3000 per child!
- Child Care Discount Program with New Horizon 10% off weekly childcare tuition!
- Education/Tuition Reimbursement
- 24/7 Fitness Center Access for all benefit eligible team members!
Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At North Memorial Health we recognize that the strength of our team lies in our diversity and make every effort to embrace the unique contributions and experiences of each person on our team. We strive to ensure that everyone feels like they are a valuable part of our community, with initiatives that reinforce our belief in diversity, equity, and inclusivity, to promote a workforce that enables authenticity, as we want to be our best when providing effective services to our patients. We acknowledge and celebrate the unique traditions, backgrounds, languages, beliefs, and customs of our community, and want everyone to feel welcome. Through our DE&I initiatives we hope to dispel myths, assumptions, and acts of implicit bias. Some of these initiatives include:
- Addressing system racism and inequities through our Safer Work Environment (Safer) initiative
- Use of pronoun badges and preferred names
- Encouraging cultural awareness through education and training
About this position
The Care Access Nurse Line Nurse uses the nursing process in coordinating all aspects of care for customers. Delivering Unmatched Customer Experience while following high level of service expectations. The Nurse applies telephonic communication with and/or regarding an established customer or non-North Memorial established customer in which the Nurse utilizes medically approved nursing protocols to determine urgency of the customer's needs, and appropriate level of care; clinical judgement; and clinical care coordination. The Nurse works towards providing clinical support and coordination to all North Memorial Health Programs. The Nurse maximizes the customer's health outcomes by triaging, coordinating, and communicating customer care needs. The Nurse executes the Standards of Nursing Practice including: assessment; nursing diagnosis; outcome identification; planning, implementation; and evaluation. The Nurse will provide education, advice, and facilitate communication between customers and North Memorial Health providers, clinics, and departments. At all times, the Nurse helps to foster a team-based, supportive, and collaborative care and work environment, including documenting within the electronic medical record. The scope of practice includes the care of neonates, infants, pediatrics young adults, and older adults throughout the life cycle.
• Graduate from an accredited school of Nursing
• Bachelor's degree in nursing preferred
• 1-2 years of nursing experience in a hospital, nursing home, or clinic setting required.
• Prefer 3 or more years experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to provide telephone nursing assessment of the actual or potential health needs of an individual and provide nursing care such as teaching, counseling, case finding and referral to other health resources and evaluates these actions.
• Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
• Knowledge of drugs and their indication, contraindications, dosing, side effects and proper administration.
• Knowledge of nursing theory and practice.
• Knowledge of customer evaluation and triage procedures.
• Ability to maintain quality, safety, and infection control standards.
• Ability to listen, observe, assess, and record symptoms, reactions, and progress.
• Ability to balance, prioritize work in a rapidly changing environment.
• Works well independently in addition to being skilled in interdisciplinary collaboration.
• Demonstrates effective written and oral communication.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge of primary care principles and practices.
• Strong computer skills.
• Current licensure as RN in State of Minnesota
• Current BLS training or completion of the training process during orientation
The North Memorial Health System is dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t perfectly align with every qualification listed, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may still be the right candidate for this or other roles.
Work Group: Non Contract
Hours per two week pay period: 64
Weekend Requirement: Every Other Weekend
Call Requirement: None
Remote or On-site: Hybrid Remote
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt