Why North Memorial Health?
At North Memorial Health you will be a valuable member of our inclusive and nurturing team that values professional growth, offering big benefits like tuition reimbursement and a supportive culture with a world of education and training opportunities.
Our health system encompasses two hospital locations in Robbinsdale and Maple Grove as well as a network of 24 clinics which includes 13 primary clinics, 5 specialty clinics, 4 urgent care/urgency centers and emergency care offerings covering five counties. Our Robbinsdale Hospital, established in 1954, is a 385-bed facility recognized as the top Level 1 Trauma center for 25 years, as well as serving as a Level II pediatric trauma center, and Level III NICU. Our Maple Grove Hospital was established in 2009, is a 134-bed facility recognized as a top hospital in the state for Women and Children Care, with a Level III NICU, and is the largest Family Birth Center in the state (~5,000 deliveries per year and over 50,000 babies delivered). Both have been named to the 2022 Fortune/Merative 100 Top Hospitals® list, 2023 Women’s
This position is eligible for a sign-on bonus of $_____. Sign-on bonuses are prorated based on hours scheduled. Current team members or former team members employed by North Memorial Health, Maple Grove Health or Blaze Health in the last six (6) months are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus. Sign-on bonuses have a repayment commitment, and a prorated repayment is required if the commitment is not fulfilled.
Benefits the North Way!
As North Memorial Health is a non-profit organization you are eligible for the Public Student Loan Forgiveness program. Most part-time and all full-time positions are eligible for benefits.
- Adoption Reimbursement up to $3000 per child!
- Child Care Discount Program with New Horizon 10% off weekly childcare tuition!
- Education Reimbursement up to $3000 annually!
- 24/7 Fitness Center Access for all benefit eligible team members!
Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At North Memorial Health we recognize that the strength of our team lies in our diversity and make every effort to embrace the unique contributions and experiences of each person on our team. We strive to ensure that everyone feels like they are a valuable part of our community, with initiatives that reinforce our belief in diversity, equity, and inclusivity, to promote a workforce that enables authenticity, as we want to be our best when providing effective services to our patients. We acknowledge and celebrate the unique traditions, backgrounds, languages, beliefs, and customs of our community, and want everyone to feel welcome. Through our DE&I initiatives we hope to dispel myths, assumptions, and acts of implicit bias. Some of these initiatives include:
- Addressing system racism and inequities through our Safer Work Environment (Safer) initiative
- Use of pronoun badges and preferred names
- Encouraging cultural awareness through education and training
About this position
Provides basic life support care to the sick and injured and safely transports customers of all ages to a medical facility for additional care. In addition the EMT assists the paramedic in providing advanced level care within their scope of practice and training as directed by their Paramedic or RN Partner.
• High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required
• Successfully completed an EMT training program from an accredited institution required
• Must successfully complete IV and medication variance training through North Memorial Ambulance
• Previous ambulance experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrated ability to organize, problem solve, make decisions during emergency situations and work independently.
• Possess or quickly acquire knowledge of the street and highway system within the service area.
• Current Minnesota or Wisconsin EMT Certification upon start date.
• American Heart Association or American Red Cross BLS Certification upon hire or within 14 days.
• ICS-100, ICS-200 and ICS-700 or be able to obtain within 60 days of hire date.
• Valid Class D Driver's license in the state of residency with an acceptable driving record.
• Advanced EMT (AEMT) certification required for Wisconsin EMTs within 18 months of hire date or enrolled in and actively attending a Paramedic Program.
The North Memorial Health System is dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t perfectly align with every qualification listed, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may still be the right candidate for this or other roles.
Work Group: Non Contract
Hours per two week pay period: 80
Shift: Day/Evening/Night Other
Weekend Requirement: Weekends by Department Rotation
Call Requirement: None
Remote or On-site: On-site
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Sign on Bonus: $1500