Why North Memorial Health?
At North Memorial Health you will be a valuable member of our inclusive and nurturing team that values professional growth, offering big benefits like tuition reimbursement and a supportive culture with a world of education and training opportunities.
Our health system encompasses two hospital locations in Robbinsdale and Maple Grove as well as a network of 24 clinics which includes 13 primary clinics, 5 specialty clinics, 4 urgent care/urgency centers and emergency care offerings covering five counties. Our Robbinsdale Hospital, established in 1954, is a 385-bed facility recognized as the top Level 1 Trauma center for 25 years, as well as serving as a Level II pediatric trauma center, and Level III NICU. Our Maple Grove Hospital was established in 2009, is a 134-bed facility recognized as a top hospital in the state for Women and Children Care, with a Level III NICU, and is the largest Family Birth Center in the state (~5,000 deliveries per year and over 50,000 babies delivered). Both have been named to the 2022 Fortune/Merative 100 Top Hospitals® list, 2023 Women’s
Benefits the North Way!
As North Memorial Health is a non-profit organization you are eligible for the Public Student Loan Forgiveness program. Most part-time and all full-time positions are eligible for benefits.
- Adoption Reimbursement up to $3000 per child!
- Child Care Discount Program with New Horizon 10% off weekly childcare tuition!
- Education Reimbursement up to $3000 annually!
- 24/7 Fitness Center Access for all benefit eligible team members!
Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At North Memorial Health we recognize that the strength of our team lies in our diversity and make every effort to embrace the unique contributions and experiences of each person on our team. We strive to ensure that everyone feels like they are a valuable part of our community, with initiatives that reinforce our belief in diversity, equity, and inclusivity, to promote a workforce that enables authenticity, as we want to be our best when providing effective services to our patients. We acknowledge and celebrate the unique traditions, backgrounds, languages, beliefs, and customs of our community, and want everyone to feel welcome. Through our DE&I initiatives we hope to dispel myths, assumptions, and acts of implicit bias. Some of these initiatives include:
- Addressing system racism and inequities through our Safer Work Environment (Safer) initiative
- Use of pronoun badges and preferred names
- Encouraging cultural awareness through education and training
About this position
The Flight Paramedic provides the highest degree of clinical excellence in patient care during all phases of the patient transport. Position is responsible for serving in a leadership role and as a clinical expert in the delivery and management of comprehensive patient care, utilizing research and evidence-based practice; for expertly caring for patients from multiple services/specialties. Delivery of this practice is accomplished by acquiring and maintaining a strong knowledge base in emergency and critical care practice.
This position requires proficiency in critical care and knowledge of advanced interventions necessary for critical patient management in the aircraft/ambulance and during transport.
The Flight Paramedic must also be familiar with aircraft operating procedures and safety practices.
• Successful completion of paramedic training program from an accredited institution required.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Minimum of 3 years (5 years preferred) current ALS experience as a Paramedic in a moderate to high call volume 911 agency.
• Prior flight experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Must possess analytical abilities, sound clinical knowledge, problem solving skills for the effective formulation of a plan of care, implementation of care, and appropriate documentation of pertinent information regarding patient-condition during emergent and critical situations.
• Ability to perform job responsibilities in confined areas and /or differing environments
• Must possess sufficient interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with patients, physicians, and hospital personnel.
• Must have demonstrated leadership skills to participate in professional and community education programs; and to effectively maintain positive public relations.
• Be familiar with both ambulance and aircraft operating procedures and safety practices.
• Must be proficient in use of transport vehicle radios and provide assistance to the pilot and fellow crew members as an active participant in the Crew Resource Management process
• Acquire and maintain extensive knowledge of policies, procedures, and protocols related to the North Memorial Health Medical Transportation
• National Registered Paramedic
• Current Minnesota Paramedic Certification or obtain within 60 days of hire date.
• Current Wisconsin Paramedic Certification or obtain within 6 months of hire date.
• ACLS, PALS and BLS Certification.
• Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification or obtain within 6 months of hire date.
• Flight Paramedic Certification (FP-C) within 15 months of date of hire.
• Maximum weight of 215 pounds in uniform.
• Valid State Class D driver's license in the state of residency with an acceptable driving record
• NIMS Training IS 100, 200, 700, 800 and HazMat upon hire
• Emergency Vehicle Operator training - CEVO (if not, will be provided prior to driving NMH vehicles)
• High School Diploma or GED
The North Memorial Health System is dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t perfectly align with every qualification listed, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may still be the right candidate for this or other roles.
Work Group: Non Contract
Hours per two week pay period: 40
Shift: Day/Evening/Night Other
Weekend Requirement: Weekends by Department Rotation
Call Requirement: On Premise Call
Remote or On-site: On-site
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt