About North Memorial Health
At North Memorial Health, you're part of an inclusive health family that is rooted in our values of relationships, inventiveness, and accountability. Empathy and care are at the heart of North's culture which is designed to actively support each team member's wellbeing and growth. Our strength lies in our diversity, and we embrace the unique contributions and experiences of each person. Together, we empower customers to achieve their best health.
About this position
The Learning & Development Consultant partners with Business Partners and key stakeholders to identify, develop, facilitate, and optimize the organization’s learning and development programs and initiatives. This position will provide learning program oversight throughout the North Memorial Health system in support of team member and team leader education; including overarching management and coordination of the leadership development programs and events, curriculum design and development, competency management, and other learning needs that should arise for the organization. This position will serve as a resource and business partner to leader stakeholders and educators to assist in departmental learning and training efforts. Scope of responsibility spans all clinical and non-clinical areas across the system. This position actively and consistently demonstrates the mission, vision, values and guiding principles of North Memorial Health. The Learning & Development Consultant will have primary responsibility for both classroom learning and online learning.
What we’ll expect from you
• Conducts learning needs assessment and recommends proper learning solutions for team member and team leader development programs.
• Oversees content development including, but not limited to, Leadership Summit, Leadership Development Day, ongoing professional development, and other learning solutions as needed based on sound instructional design and adult learning theory.
• Manages the production of repeatable, scalable leadership development learning programs such as Leadership Summit and Leadership Development Day.
• Align with members of business partners from across departments such as Human Resources, Innovation, DE&I, Marketing and Communications, Information Technology, and Quality to assess, develop and facilitate learning in response to identified trends in Customer and Team Member areas.
• Responsible for design and delivery of content in their area of expertise - in-person, virtual classroom. or online learning.
• Partners and supports clinical education teams on competency management programs and core work for non-clinical areas.
• Aligns content with mission, vision, values and guiding principles and DE&I objectives.
• Ensures current regulatory alignment.
• Partners with HRMS Administrator for Learning Management System (LMS) course set-up and management,
• Responsible for course evaluations and measurements, reporting, and data analysis.
• Accepts other duties as assigned to promote the accomplishment of organizational goals.
• Demonstrates proficiency for the skills outlined in the appropriate position skills list.
• Maintains skill proficiency, including improvement where deemed necessary, and upgrading any additional or new skills on the appropriate position skills list.
• Recognizes and complies with legal regulatory, accrediting and procedural requirements related to area of responsibility.
• Follows principles and standards as outlined in North Memorial’s Corporate Code of Conduct.
• Protects customer and team member privacy and only accesses customer and/or team member related information as needed to perform job duties.
• Reports violations or areas of concern to supervisor or Corporate Compliance Officer via established methods of communication.
Interested? Here are our requirements
• Bachelor's Degree in associated field, such as HR, Education, Healthcare or minimum six years of progressive experience in a learning and development/organizational development role.
• Master’s degree in Human Resources Development, Organizational Development, Leadership Development, or related field is preferred
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Minimum of four (4) years designing and developing core education programs. Preferred experience in healthcare and oversight of required learning and competency management.
• Minimum of at least three (3) years managing teams or projects
• Minimum of at least three (3) years of instructional design experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrated knowledge and application of adult learning theory and sound instructional design principles.
• Strong stakeholder management practices.
• Strong classroom facilitation experience, classroom management techniques, and virtual classroom delivery expertise.
• Demonstrated proficiency in online learning tools such as Articulate Storyline 360 or Adobe Captivate.
• Demonstrated ability to work with a wide range of sensitive and confidential issues.
• Demonstrated problem solving and judgment capabilities.
• Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to express ideas and information clearly and concisely, both in written and oral form, in a manner appropriate to the audience.
• Demonstrated ability to deal with conflict in a positive manner. Has an awareness of, responds to, and considers the needs, feelings and capabilities of others.
• Ability to be accountable for quality customer service and respond appropriately to a variety of personalities and situations.
• Effective planning, organizational and detail-oriented skills with the ability to prioritize multiple projects and adjust workload accordingly.
• Must take initiative, be self-motivated and an independent, accountable, dependable performer.
• Willingness to learn and adapt to new responsibilities.
• Ability to maintain quality, safety, and infection control standards.
• Demonstrated proficiency in virtual classroom tools such as Microsoft Teams, Zoom Pro, WebEx, etc.
• Demonstrated proficiency of Microsoft Office, with demonstrated capability in Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and Learning Management system.
• Must be able to read, write and speak effectively in English.
Licensure/Certification(s) Mandatory where Applicable
Hours per two week pay period: 80
Shift: Days 8 hours
Weekend Requirement: None
Work Group: Non Contract
Call Requirement: None
Remote or On-site: Hybrid On-site
FLSA Status: Exempt