About North Memorial Health
At North Memorial Health, you're part of an inclusive health family that is rooted in our values of relationships, inventiveness, and accountability. Empathy and care are at the heart of North's culture which is designed to actively support each team member's wellbeing and growth. Our strength lies in our diversity, and we embrace the unique contributions and experiences of each person. Together, we empower customers to achieve their best health.
$3,000 Sign-On Bonus
This position is eligible for a sign on bonus. Current team members or former team members employed by North Memorial Health, Maple Grove Health or Blaze Health in the last six (6) months are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus. Sign-on bonuses have a repayment commitment, and a prorated repayment is required if the commitment is not fulfilled.
About this position
The Nursing Assistant assists the care team in providing age specific supportive, compassionate care and in ensuring a safe environment for customers and families. Receives direction and works with the care team to meet the defined goals of the customer, shift, department and organization. Communication with the health care team related to progress, concerns, questions or problems that arise are an essential element of the role.
Variation of duties may result based on the assigned customer care unit(s). This may include differences in the specific clinical skills required of the nursing assistant. Unit based skill lists outline expectations beyond the house wide nursing assistant requirements.*
*See supporting information available in Policy/Procedure # NA0002 - Customer Assignment.
What we’ll expect from you
• Monitors customer's experience of care and safety through observation and data collection.
• Performs treatments, technical procedures safely as required and within the defined scope of practice.
• Performs and assists customers and families in activities of daily living.
• Responds to emergent and unsafe situations and reports promptly and effectively to professional staff.
• Contributes to the development of peers and other health care providers as co-workers and students.
• Documents customer care using the electronic health record and communicates with other caregivers regarding customers' care.
• Listens to customer/family concerns and questions, reporting needs to professional staff.
• Utilizes resources (i.e., time, supplies, and equipment) appropriately and for designated purposes.
• Demonstrates knowledge of customer safety goals and clinical improvement initiatives, including the actions within job role intended to meet these goals.
• Accepts other duties as assigned to promote the accomplishment of organizational goals.
• The team member is accountable to demonstrate proficiency for the skills outlined in the appropriate position skills list.
• The team member is accountable to maintain skill proficiency, including improvement where deemed necessary, and upgrading any additional or new skills on the appropriate position skills list.
• Recognizes and complies with legal regulatory, accrediting and procedural requirements related to area of responsibility.
• Understands and follows principles and standards as outlined in North Memorial’s Corporate Code of Conduct.
• Protects customer and team member privacy and only accesses customer and/or team member related information as needed to perform job duties.
• Reports violations or areas of concern to supervisor or Corporate Compliance Officer via established methods of communication.
Interested? Here are our requirements
• High school graduate or equivalent required.
• Successful completion of a state of Minnesota administered certification exam for nursing assistants OR completion of one (1) semester of clinical rotation within an accredited nursing program
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Certified Nursing Assistant or
Currently enrolled in a certified Nursing Assistant program, successfully pass the Nursing Assistant exam within 45 days of start date.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Proficiency in oral and written English sufficient to perform the essential functions of the position.
• Skill in basic computer operation
Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification required within 90 days of hire or transfer. BLS Certifications obtained online will not be accepted. - NMHC Standard
Licensure/Certification(s) Mandatory where Applicable
Hours per two week pay period: 48
Shift: Evenings 8 hours
Weekend Requirement: Every Other Weekend
Work Group: 113 Service Workers
Call Requirement: None
Remote or On-site: On-site
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt