About this position
Provides administrative decision-making and support for the coordination of patient care services 24/7. Coordinates patient flow, communication and emergency management. In conjunciton with the Nurse Manager and staffing office assists with staffing to leverage maximum labor productivity.
Coordinates all emergency protocols (e.g. HICS, Code Red, Code Blue, Code Green). Participates and provides leadership which promotes quality and strategic initiatives to facilitate remarkable pateint care. Patient populations may include: neonates, infants, children, adults and geriatrics.
What we’ll expect from you
• Achieves key patient care, financial and/or operational outcomes as found in annual work plan.
• Leverages and adheres to systems and processes that drive accountability for patient care, financial and operational outcomes.
• Works effectively with team colleagues and other key partners to execute divisional and/or departmental initiatives and day-to-day operations.
• Effectively communicates with teammates and key partners.
• Develops talent within the team, including acquiring, engaging and retaining.
• Staffs, organizes and schedules the team to leverage maximum labor productivity.
• Understands, tracks and focuses the team on metrics that measure key business outcomes.
• Translates organization vision and strategies to team level and mobilizes allocated resources to achieve profitable growth. Thought Leadership (Analysis, Strategic Thinking, Financial Acumen)
• Exhibit Inventiveness
• Analyze Issues and Creatively Solve Problems
• Understand Strategies
Results Leadership (Focus on Customers, Managing Execution, Results Orientation)
• Seek Customer Satisfaction
• See Challenges as Opportunities
• Support Team Members to anticipate customer's needs
People Leadership (Engage and Inspire, Talent Enhancement)
• Encourage Team Member engagement
• Set performance expectations and drive personal accountability
• Build Relationships
Personal Leadership (Adaptabiliy)
• Embrace Change
• Create environment for team members to provide the best customer service
• Accept Accountability • Recognizes and complies with legal, regulatory, accrediting and procedural requirements related to area of responsibility.
• Understands and follows principles and standards as outlined in North Memorial's Corporate Code of Conduct.
• Protects customer and team member privacy and only accesses customer and/or team member related information as needed to perform job duties.
• Reports violations or areas of concern to supervisor or Corporate Compliance Officer via established methods of communication.
Interested? Here are our requirements
• Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Minimum three years recent experience in an acute care facility. • Demonstrates interpersonal, organization, communication and problem-solving skills.
Licensure and current registration as a Registered Nurse in state of Minnesota - State Requirement
Hours per two week pay period: 60
Shift: Day/Night 12 hours
Weekend Requirement: Every 3rd Weekend
Work Group: Non Contract
Call Requirement: None