Thank you for taking the time to explore opportunities with North Memorial Health as you begin your career as a Registered Nurse!
At North Memorial Health, we’re on a mission to change healthcare. We’re delivering unmatched customer service and empowering our customers throughout Minnesota and Western Wisconsin to achieve their best health. North Memorial Health is a leader in delivering advanced medical care from Emergency, Urgent Care, Specialty Programs and Services, Primary Clinics, Ambulance and Air Medical Transportation.
When you apply to this position you will be considered for any current Med/Surg Registered Nurse openings at North Memorial Health Hospital in Robbinsdale, MN.
Med/Surg Units Include*:
- Cardiac Telemetry & Step Down
*Not all units will be available at a given time
North Memorial Health Hospital hires new graduates year round, and recommends that you apply up to three (3) months prior to graduation. Preference will be given to those who are Bachelor prepared graduates.
As new graduate RN, you will be required to maintain at least a 0.7 FTE, or at 56 hours per two week pay period for your first twelve (12) months of employment, but may work any shift, and/or 8 hour or 12 hour shifts.
Available Shifts Include*:
*Not all shifts, shift length, or FTEs may be available at a given time
The Registered Staff Nurse (RN) provides holistic, care to customers and families. The focus is on independent, collaborative and delegated nursing functions as described in standards and competencies specific to the assigned service area. The scope of practice may include the care of neonates, infants, children, young adults, adults, and older adults throughout the life cycle. The RN executes the Standards of Nursing Practice including: assessment; nursing diagnosis; outcome identification; planning; implementation; and evaluation. The RN develops and revises the customer’s plan of care, coordinates care among disciplines and delegates activities to other customer care providers as appropriate. The RN participates in shared accountability and decision-making for nursing practices. Through active participation in practice and by implementing personal leadership qualities and skill, the RN defines, implements, and improves practice standards and the environment of care and promotes remarkable customer care.
- Initiates the nursing process to assess needs of customers and families; formulates nursing diagnoses that focus care and identify customer outcomes; plans nursing care that includes interventions; implements and evaluates the plan.
- Uses the best available evidence, preferably research data blended with caring and compassion, to develop the plan of care and interventions.
- Collaborates with customers, families, peers and other care providers to provide continuity of customer care.
- Assigns or delegates tasks as defined by the state nurse practice act, organizational expectations and according to the knowledge and skills of the designated caregiver.
- Recognizes emergent and unsafe situations and responds promptly and effectively.
- Demonstrates awareness of ethical dilemmas and the ability to advocate for customers, families, co-workers and others in need.
- Systematically evaluates the quality, safety and effectiveness of customer care practices.
- Evaluates one's own nursing practice in relation to professional practice standards and relevant statutes and regulations.
- Contributes to the professional development of peers, students and other health care providers and promotes shared accountability and decision making for nursing practice.
- Contributes to organizational financial efficiency.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing required
- Current Licensure as RN in state of MN
- Bachelor's degree (BSN) preferred
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated leadership, verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge of professional nursing principles and practice.
- Knowledge of nursing ethics