About North Memorial Health
At North Memorial Health, you're part of an inclusive health family that is rooted in our values of relationships, inventiveness, and accountability. Empathy and care are at the heart of North's culture which is designed to actively support each team member's wellbeing and growth. Our strength lies in our diversity, and we embrace the unique contributions and experiences of each person. Together, we empower customers to achieve their best health.
About this position
Hours vary from 6 am to 8 pm working every other weekend both Saturday and Sunday
Directs and supervises day-to-day activities of Café, Atrium, Kitchen, and Grill and other areas of the department to meet the nutritional and therapeutic needs of employees, customers and patients in an effective and cost effective manner. This includes but is not limited to reviewing staffing needs and reassigning workloads as needed, addressing production and customer issues, and proper cash handling. Ensures optimal standards are met in the following areas: safety and sanitation, inventory levels, food quality and storage, cash handling, and employee performance.
What we’ll expect from you
• Achieves key patient care, financial and/or operational outcomes as found in annual work plan.
• Leverages and adheres to systems and processes that drive accountability for patient care, financial and operational outcomes.
• Works effectively with team colleagues and other key partners to execute divisional and/or departmental initiatives and day-to-day operations.
• Effectively communicates with teammates and key partners.
• Develops talent within the team, including acquiring, engaging and retaining.
• Staffs, organizes and schedules the team to leverage maximum labor productivity.
• Understands, tracks and focuses the team on metrics that measure key business outcomes.
• Translates organization vision and strategies to team level and mobilizes allocated resources to achieve profitable growth. Thought Leadership (Analysis, Strategic Thinking, Financial Acumen)
• Exhibit Inventiveness
• Analyze Issues and Creatively Solve Problems
• Understand Strategies
Results Leadership (Focus on Customers, Managing Execution, Results Orientation)
• Seek Customer Satisfaction
• See Challenges as Opportunities
• Support Team Members to anticipate customer's needs
People Leadership (Engage and Inspire, Talent Enhancement)
• Encourage Team Member engagement
• Set performance expectations and drive personal accountability
• Build Relationships
Personal Leadership (Adaptabiliy)
• Embrace Change
• Create environment for team members to provide the best customer service
• Accept Accountability
• Recognizes and complies with legal, regulatory, accrediting and procedural requirements related to area of responsibility.
• Understands and follows principles and standards as outlined in North Memorial's Corporate Code of Conduct.
• Protects customer and team member privacy and only accesses customer and/or team member related information as needed to perform job duties.
• Reports violations or areas of concern to supervisor or Corporate Compliance Officer via established methods of communication.
Interested? Here are our requirements
• High School graduate or equivalent
• Bachelors degree preferred
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Two years institutional food service supervisory experience with emphasis on purchasing and production responsibilities preferred.
• Ability to organize, problem solve and make decisions
• Ability to handle conflict and exercise good human relations skills
Licensure/Certification(s) Mandatory where Applicable
Hours per two week pay period: 80
Shift: Evenings 8 hours
Weekend Requirement: Every Other Weekend
Work Group: Non Contract
Call Requirement: None
Remote or On-site: On-site
FLSA Status: Exempt