About North Memorial Health
At North Memorial Health, you're part of an inclusive health family that is rooted in our values of relationships, inventiveness, and accountability. Empathy and care are at the heart of North's culture which is designed to actively support each team member's wellbeing and growth. Our strength lies in our diversity, and we embrace the unique contributions and experiences of each person. Together, we empower customers to achieve their best health.
About this position
This position is located onsite at North Memorial Hospital in Robbinsdale, MN.
Provides a variety of occupational health services to team members including injury and illness care, preplacement health assessment, periodic exams and health promotion activities. Acts as a liaison between team members, physician, management, QRC's, and referral sources. Coordinates compliance with regulatory agency requirements.
What we’ll expect from you
• Completes accurate pre-employment health assessment as a part of the organization's on-boarding process. This includes health history, legal drug screening, respirator fit testing, vaccination compliance and appropriately requesting medical records to validate work restrictions.
• Manages work injuries and worker’s compensation claims following MN and WI Statutes. This includes filing First Report of Injury and acting as liaison between team member, manager, health care provider, insurer, and union rep as appropriate.
• Conducts ergonomic, medical surveillance, fitness for duty, reasonable suspicion, hearing conservation, workplace violence and other occupational health assessments.
• Coordinates compliance with regulatory agency requirements - OSHA, ADA, FMLA, CDC, MN Dept of Health.
• Supports and advocates team member wellness/health promotion.
• Assists team members with general health issues/concerns.
• Accepts other duties as assigned to promote the accomplishment of organizational goals.
• The team member is accountable to demonstrate proficiency for the skills outlined in the appropriate position skills list.
• The team member is accountable to maintain skill proficiency, including improvement where deemed necessary, and upgrading any additional or new skills on the appropriate position skills list.
• Recognizes and complies with legal regulatory, accrediting and procedural requirements related to area of responsibility.
• Understands and follows principles and standards as outlined in North Memorial’s Corporate Code of Conduct.
• Protects customer and team member privacy and only accesses customer and/or team member related information as needed to perform job duties.
• Reports violations or areas of concern to supervisor or Corporate Compliance Officer via established methods of communication.
Interested? Here are our requirements
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required.
• Bachelors of Science (BSN) preferred
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Three to five years experience in occupational health, emergency or urgent care nursing required
• Experience with MN or WI Workers compensation preferred.
• Experience with vaccination compliance programs preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrated technology skills with Electronic Medical Record systems and Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, etc.)
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated ability to resolve conflict.
• Current RN licensure in State of Minnesota - NMHC Standard
• Current BLS - NMHC Standard
Hours per two week pay period: 80
Shift: Days 8 hours
Weekend Requirement: None
Work Group: Non Contract
Call Requirement: None
Remote or On-site: On-site
FLSA Status: Exempt