About this position
The IT Desktop Service Specialist is responsible for performing entry level IT activities primarily focused on desktop and remote support for PC’s, telecommunication devices, printers, peripherals and software across the North Memorial healthcare system. This is a casual part time (30-40 variable hours per week, as needed), temporary position with a 3-month commitment and evaluation with opportunity for extension. Core working hours are Monday - Friday, 8 AM - 5 PM, with potential for evening and weekend shifts as needed.
What we’ll expect from you
- Under general supervision and clearly defined instructions, performs entry level Desktop Support duties.
- Assists with building, deploying and maintaining desktop hardware and technologies.
- Analyzes, troubleshoots and resolves issues impacting workstations, software, printers, peripherals, telecommunication and media equipment.
- Adheres to processes, standards and security procedures.
- Performs support both remotely via PC or telephone and in person at the desk side.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Have their own transportation
- Be comfortable working in healthcare environments (hospitals, clinics, etc)
Interested? Here are our requirements
- High School course work required; diploma preferred.
- Currently enrolled in or graduated from an IT focused post-secondary education program, required. Desktop Support, PC Technician, Network Administration and Computer Science degrees, preferred.
Valid driver's license in state of residency with acceptable driving record
Hours per two week pay period: 0
Shift: Days Variable
Weekend Requirement: Occasional Weekends
Work Group: Non Contract
Call Requirement: None