Speech Language PathologistApply
• Performs financial screening of patients, using applicable tools and problem-solving skills thru use of obtaining insurance authorization for therapy outpatient services.
• Communicates North Memorial’s financial policy to the patient and/or patient’s family representative regarding the specific level of insurance benefit coverage and estimated patient liability.
• Assists patients/guarantors who have questions/concerns regarding their therapy accounts.
• Works collaboratively with other disciplines (billing, coding, patient accounting, therapies) in assessing the financial needs of the patient and other possible resources for payment.
• Provides cost estimates to prospective and current patients.
• Maintains advanced working knowledge and understanding of insurance eligibility and benefits to determine principle payers and coordination of benefits for all insurance products.
• Responsible for assigned WQ’s.
• Works with department management to identify training and process improvement opportunities.
• Possesses ability to explain and handle patient therapy billing complaints with proper resolution.
• Understand outpatient documentation guidelines, requirements and policies for all disciplines.
• Understand medical policy coverage criteria for rehabilitation services for all payers.
• Educate therapy team members on insurance guidelines and changes and documentation standards.
• Understand Medicare guidelines, Medicare fee schedule, Medicare thresholds and Advance Beneficiary notices.
• Understand Current Procedural terminology (CPT) for rehabilitation services.
• Track Medicare therapy patient claims, and collaborate with team members to develop a plan when an Advance Beneficiary Notice may be required.
• Complete medical necessity chart reviews for all disciplines monthly and provide feedback to team members of process improvements.
• Master’s Degree in Speech Pathology. Consideration will be given to those seeking a Clinical Fellowship who have previous graduate student experience in the department.
• Inpatient: 2 years’ experience with the populations being served.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrated ability with the populations being served.
• Demonstrated problem solving, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• Certificate of Clinical Competence
• Current BLS certification or completion of certification during orientation period
• Must possess current class D driver’s license in state of residency with an acceptable driving record if driving to alternate locations
• Must provide annual proof of insurance per hospital policy if driving to alternate locations
At North Memorial Health, we’re on a mission to change healthcare. We’re delivering unmatched customer service and empowering our customers throughout Minnesota and Western Wisconsin to achieve their best health. North Memorial Health is a leader in delivering advanced medical care from Emergency, Urgent Care, Specialty Programs and Services, Primary Clinics, Ambulance and Air Medical Transportation.