Social Worker LICSW MSWApply
Psychotherapist 2 follows the patient from admit through discharge as the primary coordinator of care, including discharge planning. Direction of Others: Student interns; provides clinical supervision to LGSW Social Workers pursuing their LICSW and/or LPCC.
Master’s Degree or higher degree from an accredited university or college.
• One to two years in clinical psychotherapy or direct mental health care in a clinical setting in community clinic, hospital group practice or independent practice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Maintains knowledge of, and complies with, all relevant laws, regulations and policies, procedures and standards.
• Actively participates in creating and implementing improvements to achieve clinical, satisfaction and/or efficiency outcomes.
• Performs assessment and diagnosis.
• Performs counseling and psychotherapy to assist clients/families in adjusting to mental illness.
• Provides psychosocial assessments of clients/families situations, including social, psychological, medical, emotional, financial, and other related factors.
• Performs counseling to assist clients/families in adjusting to illness.
• Assists client/family in utilizing relevant and appropriate community resources.
• Documents appropriate information in the client's medical record to provide direction to professional staff regarding plan of care. • Maintains contact with community agencies to promote the exchange of information and facilitate use of these services on behalf of clients.
• Performs basic administrative tasks including statistical reporting and other related tasks.
Be part of a fast-paced, well-oiled multidisciplinary team at one of America’s top 50 best Trauma 1 Emergency Departments. Use your clinical expertise in our established Emergency Behavior Medicine team that respects your clinical judgement and needs your talent. Make a difference in the lives of those needing psychiatric interventions, assessments and referrals.
Emergency Behavioral Medicine is a team of clinical mental health providers that consist of Licensed Independent Clinical Social Workers (LICSWs), and Licensed Psychologists who assess and advocate for those customers identified by a physician with psychiatric needs at North Memorial Medical Center’s Emergency Department.
Emergency Behavioral Medicine team members triage customers, obtain collateral information, provide psychiatric diagnostic assessments; make treatment recommendations and offer community resources while assessing each customer’s readiness for discharge and/or transfer to an inpatient setting.
Emergency Behavioral Medicine team members facilitate crisis counseling, brief therapy, and psycho education on numerous diagnoses and symptoms relating to mental health issues. They partner with North Memorial Medical Center departments, clinics, community providers and are part of the North Memorial Medical Center’s Psychiatric and Integrative Care Unit.
Join us now at North Memorial Health. Now that’s better!