Primary Responsibilities include:
• Assess, recommend, develop, implement and evaluate an individualized plan of care according to the needs of each customer.
• Deliver outpatient therapy services to individuals, families and groups drawing from a knowledge base of various therapeutic theories, interventions and modalities.
• Provide the appropriate documentation for service delivery including treatment goals, progress notes and billing specified by administrative policies and procedures.
• Demonstrate initiative, good judgment, team work and problem-solving skills. Must be able to work well within an interdisciplinary healthcare team environment.
• Ph.D. or Psy.D. in clinical or counseling psychology or related field of psychology with licensure as a Licensed Psychologist from the Minnesota State Board of Psychology; Master of Arts and/or Master of Science as grandfathered by the MN State Board of Psychology also considered.
• Graduated from an APA accredited university and clinical internship.
• At least (1) year of post-doctoral experience in providing direct clinical services in psychology, counseling, or other related health services field.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of evidenced based practices for inpatient/outpatient populations.
• In depth knowledge of counseling theory and practice.
• Must understand the impact of culture and individual difference within varied populations.
• Demonstrated skills in developing and maintaining therapeutic relationships.
• Ability to administer, supervise, consult on and interpret psychological and cognitive tests.
• Ability to supervise and train psychology interns and practicum students.
• Demonstrated skills and competency in consultation and staff training.
• Demonstrates collaborative relationships with all members of the mental health and addictive service clinic as well as other clinical teams throughout the hospital.
• Demonstrated skills in leadership and administration.
• Demonstrates knowledge of research methodology and its influence on clinical practice.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to patients of all age groups (adolescent through geriatric). Must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development through the life span, possess ability to assess data reflective of the customer’s status, and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each customer’s needs in relation to age and to provide the care needed as described in the department’s policies and procedures.
• 2 years’ working as a mental health practitioner
• Healthcare experience, especially in a clinic setting
Be part of a fast-paced, well-oiled multidisciplinary team at one of America’s top 50 best Trauma 1 Emergency Departments. Use your clinical expertise in our Mental Health Clinic, located in Robbinsdale, MN that respects your clinical judgement and needs your talent. Make a difference in the lives of those needing psychiatric interventions, assessments and referrals.
At North Memorial Health, we’re on a mission to change healthcare. We’re delivering unmatched customer service and empowering our customers throughout Minnesota and Western Wisconsin to achieve their best health. North Memorial Health is a leader in delivering advanced medical care from Emergency, Urgent Care, Specialty Programs and Services, Primary Clinics, Ambulance and Air Medical Transportation.