Nursing Assist/Endoscopy TechnicianApply
• Assists physicians and nurses with performing procedures and providing customer care.
• Processes tissue and bodily fluids specimens.
• Prepares and maintains endoscopy equipment and supplies.
• Performs endoscope sterilization and processing.
• Maintains the GI procedure area in a clean, safe condition.
• Ensures necessary equipment and supplies are available for procedures.
• Has access to medications appropriate to their job duties.
• Accepts other duties as assigned to promote the accomplishment of organizational goals.
• The team member is accountable to demonstrate proficiency for the skills outlined in the appropriate position skills list.
• The team member is accountable to maintain skill proficiency, including improvement where deemed necessary, and upgrading any additional or new skills on the appropriate position skills list.
• Recognizes and complies with legal regulatory, accrediting and procedural requirements related to area of responsibility.
• Understands and follows principles and standards as outlined in North Memorial’s Corporate Code of Conduct.
• Protects customer and team member privacy and only accesses customer and/or team member related information as needed to perform job duties.
• Reports violations or areas of concern to supervisor or Corporate Compliance Officer via established methods of communication.
• High School diploma or GED.
• Successful completion of a state administered certification exam for nursing assistants or completion of one (1) semester of clinical rotation within an accredited nursing program.
• Individual with previous experience in Endoscopy room set-up and tear-down, endoscope reprocessing, specimen collection, assisting the doctors and nurses during endoscopy procedures are preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Good written and verbal skills required.
• Understanding of disinfecting procedures and clean versus sterile preferred.
• Healthcare experience preferred.
• Knowledge of anatomy, physiology, pathology, and medical terminology as it relates to gastroenterology preferred.
• Ability to read, write and follow directions required.
- Endoscopy Tech Certification
*SPD Scope Cleaning Certification must be obtained within 1 year of hire
- Med/Surge Experience Preferred
- Endoscopy Tech Experience Preferred
At North Memorial Health, we’re on a mission to change healthcare. We’re delivering unmatched customer service and empowering our customers throughout Minnesota and Western Wisconsin to achieve their best health. North Memorial Health is a leader in delivering advanced medical care from Emergency, Urgent Care, Specialty Programs and Services, Primary Clinics, Ambulance and Air Medical Transportation.