Nurse Triage RNApply
The scope of practice may include the care of neonates, infants, pediatrics, young adults, and older adults throughout the life cycle.
Heart & Vascular Specific
• Assists customers with set up of home monitoring; i.e., Holter Monitoring and Event Monitoring.
• Per clinic specific policy, may implement a guideline or protocol for pre-procedure education and instructions.
• Assists providers with exams, procedures, and treatments.
• Performs diagnostic tests as needed; i.e., EKG.
Mental Health Specific:
• Consult unit addendum for further details
• Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
• Bachelor's degree in nursing preferred
• 1-3 years of nursing experience in a hospital, nursing home or clinic setting.
• Cardiology experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to provide telephone nursing assessment of the actual or potential health needs of an individual and provide nursing care such as teaching, counseling, case finding and referral to other health resources and evaluates these actions.
• Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
• Knowledge of drugs and their indication, contraindications, dosing, side effects and proper administration.
• Knowledge of nursing theory and practice.
• Ability to maintain quality, safety and infection control standards.
• Knowledge of customer evaluation and triage procedures.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to listen, observe, assess, and record symptoms, reactions and progress.
• Knowledge of primary care principles and practices.
• Strong computer skills.
• Current BLS training or completion of the training process during orientation
At North Memorial Health, we’re on a mission to change healthcare. We’re delivering unmatched customer service and empowering our customers throughout Minnesota and Western Wisconsin to achieve their best health. North Memorial Health is a leader in delivering advanced medical care from Emergency, Urgent Care, Specialty Programs and Services, Primary Clinics, Ambulance and Air Medical Transportation.