Nurse Practitioner NEApply
Education Master’s or higher degree in Nursing required. Certification prior to the Masters’ degree requirement and current practice as a Nurse Practitioner in their area of specialization or documentation of current competency.
Experience Two or more years experience in a Nurse Practitioner role preferred. One or more years experience in area of specialization preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Ability to balance prioritize work in a rapidly changing environment. Works well independently in addition to being skilled in interdisciplinary collaboration. Demonstrates effective written and oral communication.
Current licensure as RN in State of Minnesota State Requirement
- Current registration as a nurse practitioner with the MN Board of Nursing,or pending certification of a nurse practitioner for up to six months after completion of a successful Nurse Practitioner educational program. Failure to pass the certification examination will result in immediate suspension of privileges. Privileges will be reinstated upon evidence of successful completion of the certification examination. Prescriptive authority is not permitted during the pending certification process.
- Current certification as a Nurse Practitioner by a national nurse certification organization acceptable to the MN Board of Nursing:
- Current BLS certification NMHC Standard
- Current Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) certificate Federal Requirement
- Current prescription and collaborative practice agreement with at least one collaborating physician