Nurse Manager: Float Pool & IV TeamApply
The Nurse Manager coordinates the operations of one or more defined areas of nursing services. The Nurse Manager is accountable for nursing practice under the direction of the Chief Nursing Officer. Nurse Managers support, facilitate, role model, and operationalize the vision of North Memorial.
• Ensures that care is delivered with respect for individuals’ rights and preferences.
• Develops and implements policy and procedures that guide and support the provision of nursing services.
• Assumes responsibility to ensure that assignments reflect appropriate utilization of personnel, considering the scope of practice, competencies, customer needs and complexity of care.
• Provides consultation for related concerns and acts as a customer advocate by demonstrating sensitivity to ethical and legal ramifications of practice.
• Builds an environment of shared commitment and engagement to the department’s goals and responsibility to achieve quality outcomes. Utilizes process improvement principles to assess and improve the quality of service/care.
• Ensures shared accountability for professional practice and annually evaluates performance of personnel.
• Accepts other duties as assigned to promote the accomplishment of organizational goals.
• Achieves key customer care, financial and/or operational outcomes as found in annual work plan.
• Leverages and adheres to systems and processes that drive accountability for customer care, financial and operational outcomes.
• Works effectively with team colleagues and other key partners to execute divisional and/or departmental initiatives and day-to-day operations.
• Effectively communicates with teammates and key partners.
• Develops talent within the team, including acquiring, engaging and retaining.
• Staffs, organizes and schedules the team to leverage maximum labor productivity.
• Understands, tracks and focuses the team on metrics that measure key business outcomes.
• Translates organization vision and strategies to team level and mobilizes allocated resources to achieve profitable growth.
• Graduate of an accredited nursing program approved by the MN Board of Nursing.
• Bachelor's degree in Nursing required.
• Minimum of two years of experience in clinical service area.
• Two years of progressive leadership or management experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of professional nursing principles and practice
• Knowledge of nursing ethics
• Skill in managing conflict effectively in a manner that quickly finds common ground to solve issues
• Knowledge of labor relations principles and negotiation process preferred
• BLS certification or obtained within 6 months
At North Memorial Health, we’re on a mission to change healthcare. We’re delivering unmatched customer service and empowering our customers throughout Minnesota and Western Wisconsin to achieve their best health. North Memorial Health is a leader in delivering advanced medical care from Emergency, Urgent Care, Specialty Programs and Services, Primary Clinics, Ambulance and Air Medical Transportation.