Medical Lab Scientist or Medical Lab TechApply
Under the direction of the supervisor performs all aspects of laboratory testing to ensure that timely and accurate laboratory services are provided to meet the needs of neonates, infants, adolescents, adults and geriatric customers.
• Performs and reports manual and automated testing in accordance with standard operating procedures. Performs testing in specialty areas of the laboratory. Serves in a charge role when a supervisor is not on site.
• Assesses the validity of test results in the context of age and growth/development status. Takes appropriate action based on the test results and notifies physician and/or pathologist as required.
• Validates, documents, and reports results following standard operating procedures.
• Collects and processes samples in compliance with customer identification, infection prevention, hazardous waste and specimen integrity standard operating procedures.
• Maintains competency by performing proficiency testing and performing, evaluating and reporting of quality control.
• Communicates effectively including reporting quality control variances to supervisors, between shift communication with SBAR, and interacting respectively with customers.
• Participates in the training and orientation of students and team members, new testing development, and writing and review of standard operating procedures.
• Bachelor's degree in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical science, or medical technology from an accredited institution or equivalent education and experience to qualify under CLIA guidelines.
• 1 year of related experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of universal infection control protocols and standard laboratory safety practices and procedures.
• Skill in operating standard laboratory equipment.
• Ability to evaluate laboratory test results.
High School Diploma/GED
At North Memorial Health, we’re on a mission to change healthcare. We’re delivering unmatched customer service and empowering our customers throughout Minnesota and Western Wisconsin to achieve their best health. North Memorial Health is a leader in delivering advanced medical care from Emergency, Urgent Care, Specialty Programs and Services, Primary Clinics, Ambulance and Air Medical Transportation.