Medical Lab AssistantApply
• Performs computer data entry, result lookup, generates laboratory customer test reports.
• Processes specimens using established policies and procedures, follows infection control policies consistently.
• Performs limited customer testing following appropriate policies and procedures.
• Answers and resolves telephone inquiries in a professional manner.
• Performs and processes EKGs and specimen collections according to department policies and procedures.
• Assists in the direction of the workflow of the phlebotomy staff.
• High School diploma or equivalent (GED) required.
• Completion of an accredited program for Medical Laboratory Assistants or Medical Assistants.
• Minimum of one year current laboratory experience in a clinic or hospital setting.
• Completion of a course in medical terminology and at least two semesters of college level biology and/or chemistry
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to handle stressful situations.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively with multiple departments.
High School Diploma/GED
At North Memorial Health, we’re on a mission to change healthcare. We’re delivering unmatched customer service and empowering our customers throughout Minnesota and Western Wisconsin to achieve their best health. North Memorial Health is a leader in delivering advanced medical care from Emergency, Urgent Care, Specialty Programs and Services, Primary Clinics, Ambulance and Air Medical Transportation.