Medical Assistant or LPN or EMTApply
The Medical Assistant/LPN/EMT will be certified to manage the customer flow throughout the clinic and assist providers in the management and treatment of their customers, individualizing care to the age of the customer. These customers may include infant, child, adolescent, adult, or geriatric. The Medical Assistant/LPN/EMT may also provide telephone support and facilitate communication between customers and providers. The Medical Assistant/LPN/EMT takes direction from the Clinic Supervisor, Clinic Manager, and Providers.
• High School diploma or equivalent (i.e., GED) required.
• Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program required.
• Must be certified or pass the certification exam within 6 months of hire as a condition of continued employment.
• Graduate from an accredited Licensed Practical Nursing or Vocational School required.
• Successful completion of an EMT program.
• Successful completion of a state administered certification exam for emergency medical technicians required.
• Previous EMR experience preferred.
• Experience in lab preferred
• 1+ years’ experience as an EMT in a hospital setting; emergency department-specific experience desired.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrated leadership, verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills required.
• Must be able to read, write and speak English sufficient to perform the essential functions of the position required.
• Knowledge of and skill in using computer software applications.
• Ability to be anticipatory to the needs of the customer; to take initiative, be self-motivated and a proactive, independent, accountable, dependable performer.
• Must be able to prioritize multiple tasks in an efficient manner.
• Current BLS Certification
• Medical Assistant Certification
• Current licensure as LPN or LVN in the State of Minnesota
• National or State EMT certification
At North Memorial Health, we’re on a mission to change healthcare. We’re delivering unmatched customer service and empowering our customers throughout Minnesota and Western Wisconsin to achieve their best health. North Memorial Health is a leader in delivering advanced medical care from Emergency, Urgent Care, Specialty Programs and Services, Primary Clinics, Ambulance and Air Medical Transportation.