Manager Operating RoomApply
Advocates on behalf of patients, families, and staff by using divisional and organizational processes to address issues and foster an environment that promotes caring and fiscal stewardship. Coordinates services and establishes an evidence-based nursing practice for the unit/area and oversees the staffing, scheduling, and capital budgetary processes. Delegates responsibilities that are appropriate and ensures that staff practices in accordance with licensure/regulation requirements, as well as within their educational preparation and professional practice experience. Collaborates with other departmental leaders and members of the surgical team to establish priorities for resource allocation and develops a budget for the provision of services to include evaluation of the staffing schedule to meet departmental and operational goals.
• Uses the nursing process, internal and external benchmarks, and nurse-sensitive indicators to develop an effective quality plan that improves the safety and quality of care.
• Achieves key customer care, financial and/or operational outcomes as found in annual work plan.
• Leverages and adheres to systems and processes that drive accountability for customer care, financial and operational outcomes.
• Works effectively with team colleagues and other key partners to execute divisional and/or departmental initiatives and day-to-day operations.
• Effectively communicates with teammates and key partners.
• Develops talent within the team, including acquiring, engaging and retaining.
• Staffs, organizes and schedules the team to leverage maximum labor productivity.
• Understands, tracks and focuses the team on metrics that measure key business outcomes.
• Choose the applicable statement for the job description.
(Operations Supv/Mgr) Translates organization vision and strategies to team level, engages and empowers team members to meet customer’s needs in innovative ways, and achieves profitable growth.
(Business Support Supv/Mgr): Translates business support vision and strategies to team level and engages and empowers team members to meet customer’s needs in innovative ways.
Thought Leadership (Analysis, Strategic Thinking, Financial Acumen)
• Exhibit Inventiveness
• Act Strategically
• Use Financial Data
Results Leadership (Focus on Customers, Managing Execution, Results Orientation)
• Meet Customer Needs
• See Challenges as Opportunities
• Support Team Members to anticipate customer’s needs
People Leadership (Engage and Inspire, Talent Enhancement)
• Encourage Team Member engagement
• Set performance expectations and drive personal accountability
• Build Relationships
Personal Leadership (Adaptability)
• Embrace Change
• Create environment for team members to provide the best customer service
• Accept Accountability
• Recognizes and complies with legal regulatory, accrediting and procedural requirements related to area of responsibility.
• Understands and follows principles and standards as outlined in North Memorial’s Corporate Code of Conduct.
• Protects customer and team member privacy and only accesses customer and/or team member related information as needed to perform job duties.
• Reports violations or areas of concern to supervisor or Corporate Compliance Officer via established methods of communication.
Graduate of an accredited nursing program approved by the MN Board of Nursing
Bachelor’s degree required or willingness to purse and complete a degree within 4 years.
Two to Three years of progressive leadership or management experience preferably as a manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Ability to direct others and negotiate for desired results.
Demonstrates excellent interpersonal communication skills and the ability to coach and develop
Is able to work well as part of the leadership team.
Demonstrates decision-making and problem-solving skills.
Is clinically competent in the OR.
Demonstrates knowledge of computer systems and software
BLS Certification or obtained within 6 months of hire - NMHC Standard
At North Memorial Health, we’re on a mission to change healthcare. We’re delivering unmatched customer service and empowering our customers throughout Minnesota and Western Wisconsin to achieve their best health. North Memorial Health is a leader in delivering advanced medical care from Emergency, Urgent Care, Specialty Programs and Services, Primary Clinics, Ambulance and Air Medical Transportation.