Manager, Financial SystemsApply
• Coordinates the efforts of configuring, testing and implementing Financial systems in support of health system initiatives
• Manages and develops talent within the team, including acquiring, engaging and retaining.
• Analyzes the organization business requirements in order to maintain system settings and functionality and recommends system programming changes as needed including appropriate controls
• Acts as a resource to Finance, Information Technology, department managers and team members regarding system operations, capabilities and compliance
• Identifies, recommends and implements operational changes to ensure compliance with accrediting, licensing, and governmental agencies, and to maintain system integrity
• Identifies, recommends and implements operational changes that will improve service, productivity, quality and functional performance to business partners
• Facilitates day-to-day system maintenance and functionality with support from the Decision Support Analyst.
• Develops, maintains and supports a variety of reports or queries utilizing appropriate reporting tools and is a resource to Finance (Accounting, Accounts Payable, Financial Planning & Analysis, Purchasing and Revenue Cycle), HR, department managers and others involved in the reporting process, and provides consultative direction knowledge and functional assistance to tend users and other team members for ongoing administration of accounting systems and reports.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance or comparable experience in financial accounting systems administration
• Minimum of five years relevant financial accounting system management experience, of which three to four years have been spent in implementation and/or maintenance of financial accounting programs and functions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrates a high level of analytical thinking, decision making, organization, and collaborative team building skills
• Able to work independently with ability to assess and appropriately escalate issues as needed
• Proficient in the use of general ledger, accounts payable, and fixed assets information databases and technology
• Proficient in the use of PC applications including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Demonstrates general knowledge of database query and database report writing functions
• Demonstrates knowledge of financial accounting and accounts payable principles, and processes
• Able to interpret technical programming support documentation
• Demonstrates the ability to communicate verbally and in writing at levels appropriate to the target audience
At North Memorial Health, we’re on a mission to change healthcare. We’re delivering unmatched customer service and empowering our customers throughout Minnesota and Western Wisconsin to achieve their best health. North Memorial Health is a leader in delivering advanced medical care from Emergency, Urgent Care, Specialty Programs and Services, Primary Clinics, Ambulance and Air Medical Transportation.