Manager Cash and Business SupportApply
• Develops, implements, and evaluates cash receipt and posting issues, customer service and collections issues, policies, and procedures in collaboration with staff and applicable business units.
• Develops and implements departmental operation and strategic plans. Manages department budget within financial parameters. Coordinates operations to comply with all regulatory requirements.
• Identifies, monitors, and evaluates indicators that reflect the most effective means of managing Days in AR and maximizing cash flow.
• Recommends and implements operational changes to improve service, productivity, quality and/or financial performance for self-pay balances.
• Collaborates with IS to integrate processes resulting in the improvement and optimization of the effectiveness and efficiency related to the customer account process and the host billing system.
• Evaluates the existing enterprise accounts receivable system and collaborates on evaluating and implementing other vendor offered products that relate to the management of cash application and accounts receivable.
• Complies with standards and requirements of all accrediting, licensing and governmental agencies pertaining to the area of operational responsibility. Represents North Memorial at industry forums to provide process improvement opportunities.
• Represents department on multi-department teams to identify and implement process improvements or implement regulatory changes.
• Develops and implements policies for the effective operational control of cash posting, balancing, credit balance management and self-pay management.
• Coordinates training, performs ongoing evaluation and acts as a resource for internal staff, business units and outsourced vendor operations.
• Coordinates the activities of external resources including contracted vendors for electronic remittance postings and outside agencies that assist in credit balance resolution.
• High School graduate or equivalent required.
• Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration preferred.
• Five (5) years of experience in collection/customer service experience required.
• Five (5) years management experience in health care required.
• Experience in health care billing, cash posting or collections preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Extensive knowledge of healthcare self-pay collections and customer service.
• Complete understanding of Federal and State collection guidelines and requirements.
• Demonstrated Total Quality Management, leadership, communication, organizational and management skills
• Extensive knowledge of health care billing and payers.
• Demonstrated Total Quality Management, leadership, communication, organizational and management skills.
• Understanding of financial aspects related to cash applications.
At North Memorial Health, we’re on a mission to change healthcare. We’re delivering unmatched customer service and empowering our customers throughout Minnesota and Western Wisconsin to achieve their best health. North Memorial Health is a leader in delivering advanced medical care from Emergency, Urgent Care, Specialty Programs and Services, Primary Clinics, Ambulance and Air Medical Transportation.