alleviate discomfort and maladjustment. Collaborates with other health professionals to build a more complete understanding of the patient’s needs and preferences in order to improve health outcomes.
1.Ph.D. or Psy.D. in clinical or counseling psychology or related field of psychology.
2.Graduated from an APA accredited university and clinical internship.
1.At least (1) year of post-doctoral experience in providing direct clinical services in psychology, counseling, or other related health services field.
requires the following additional duties:
1. Knowledge of evidence based practices for inpatient populations such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Psychosis, Behavioral Planning, Behavioral Activation for Depression, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy for Borderline Personality Disorder, experience working with serious persistent mental illness, Motivational Interviewing and suicide prevention.
2. Assessment of cognitive, behavioral, emotional, and psychological aspects of the patient's needs and establishes with the patients appropriate goals for treatment, provides appropriate treatment, and reviews progress toward these goals.
3. Supervision and training of Psychology Interns and Practicum students. This position also requires regular attendance and participation in the Psychology Training Committee.
4. Facilitates inpatient groups
5. Directs inpatient Behavioral Health programming on the psychiatry and Integrative Care Unit 2East.
6. Assists Psychology Consult team in meeting needs of customers with mental/behavioral health issues on medical units.
At North Memorial Health, we’re on a mission to change healthcare. We’re delivering unmatched customer service and empowering our customers throughout Minnesota and Western Wisconsin to achieve their best health. North Memorial Health is a leader in delivering advanced medical care from Emergency, Urgent Care, Specialty Programs and Services, Primary Clinics, Ambulance and Air Medical Transportation.