Human Resources ConsultantApply
• Consults with line management, providing HR guidance when appropriate.
• Attends department/division meeting with respective business units.
• Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
• In partnership with HR Business Partner, manages and resolves complex team member relation issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations in partnership with HR Business Partner.
• Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of team members, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with legal resources as required.
• Provides day-to-day performance and rewards management guidance to line management (coaching, counseling, career development, performance management, talent management, compensation, etc.)
• Works closely with management to improve work relationships, engagement, productivity, retention, and customer satisfaction.
• Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
• Partners with business units on operational workforce planning.
• Provides consultation to leaders on all new hires, transfers, promotions, and compensation issues, partnering with other HR centers of excellence as necessary.
• Provides input and guidance on business unit restructuring, workforce planning, and succession planning
• Identifies training needs for business units. Participates in evaluation and monitoring of success of training programs. Follows up to ensure training objectives are met.
• Partners closely with HR business partner to drive organizational objectives.
• May lead or contribute to organization-wide HR projects/programs
Basic Qualifications: Education • Bachelor’s degree in human resource, business or related field, or six years professional human resources experience may substitute for degree. Experience • Minimum of three years HR or leadership experience that includes three years of employee relations required • Three years investigations experience preferred. • Previous labor relations experience preferred • Current HRCI Certification Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) preferred.
• Ability to provide professional consultation to leaders and conduct accurate, thorough investigations regarding work-related personnel issues.
• Working knowledge of several human resources disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, team member and labor relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state employment laws.
• Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and negotiation skills.
• Ability to integrate big and small picture, strategic and short term perspectives, planning and implementation to drive optimal results.
• Proficient in computer software, particularly with Microsoft Windows applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Ability to interact effectively with team members at all levels,
• Ability to manage multiple priorities.
• Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with other people, both internal to the organization and external to the organization.
• Knowledge of basic principles of effective supervision of staff.
At North Memorial Health, we’re on a mission to change healthcare. We’re delivering unmatched customer service and empowering our customers throughout Minnesota and Western Wisconsin to achieve their best health. North Memorial Health is a leader in delivering advanced medical care from Emergency, Urgent Care, Specialty Programs and Services, Primary Clinics, Ambulance and Air Medical Transportation.