Director Coding and CDIApply
The Director is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the Hospital (HB) and Physician (PB) coding and inpatient and outpatient Clinical Documentation Improvement programs to ensure accurate coding compliance and provide revenue cycle focused provider education and clinical quality initiatives at North Memorial Health Hospital, Maple Grove Hospital, and ambulatory clinics. The Director collaborates with the North Memorial Director of Revenue Cycle, Business Services on cross department initiatives and manages resources within financial parameters.
• Ability to think critically and identify the global impact across the revenue cycle with a solution oriented approach.
• Serves as the Coding and CDI escalation resource for issue resolution.
• Monitors Coding and CDI key performance indicators.
• Responsible for all Coding and CDI operations and team members.
• Oversees processes to maintain consistency across the inpatient and outpatient clinical documentation, provider involvement and provider education strategies.
• Monitors the initiation, revision, and implementation of external regulations, statutes, and standards; and facilitates implementation of policies and procedures related to current regulations.
• Interprets regulations for application and formation of facility policies. Writes and reviews policies to maintain compliance.
• Promotes compliance with privacy policies and consistent application of sanctions for failure to comply with privacy policies, in cooperation with Human Resources, the Security Officer, administration and legal counsel as applicable.
• Promotes ethical clinical documentation, release of information, and privacy practices using AHIMA and regulatory resources and federal and state privacy laws.
• Bachelor’s degree in health related field required.
• Coding certification or nursing background required.
• RHIA certification preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years management experience in CDI, Coding, HIM or Hospital/Physician revenue cycle.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrated knowledge of regulatory requirements.
• Knowledge of clinical documentation improvement processes.
• Process improvement facilitation, interpersonal, presentation, communication and problem-solving skills.
• Maintains credentials through continuing education requirements of AHIMA.
• Maintained ICD-10 trainer certification required and maintained (prefer upon hire, and if not, required to obtain upon a mutually agreed upon time frame)
At North Memorial Health, we’re on a mission to change healthcare. We’re delivering unmatched customer service and empowering our customers throughout Minnesota and Western Wisconsin to achieve their best health. North Memorial Health is a leader in delivering advanced medical care from Emergency, Urgent Care, Specialty Programs and Services, Primary Clinics, Ambulance and Air Medical Transportation.