• Previous experience in large-scale food preparation required.
• National Institute for Food Service Industry Certification for food service sanitation preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Exhibits first rate customer service skills.
• Proficient in reading, writing, and following oral and/or written directions in English to perform functions of the job.
• Differentiates between specific cooking and baking methods and able to discern best technique for various menu items.
• Knowledge of quanity cooking methods and procedures, including various types of preparation and related routines.
• Familiar with institutional kitchen equipment.
• Has culinary mastery of scratch cooking, knife operation and cooking techniques.
• Demonstrates ability to prioritize work load and willingness to follow directions and meet hourly deadlines
• Demonstrates knowledge and skills in cooking and baking techniques in producing exemplary products.
• Knows and is able to use culinary substitutions when necessary.
• Ability to calculate recipe expansion and reduction, using appropriate math and measurements
• Exhibits artistic skill in plate presentations, demonstrates quality showmanship cooking and plating in fast-paced, deli/restaurants.
• High school graduate or equivalent (i.e. GED) preferred.
• Training in institutional food preparation or completion of culinary technical school or equivalent demonstrable knowledge and skills required.
At North Memorial Health, we’re on a mission to change healthcare. We’re delivering unmatched customer service and empowering our customers throughout Minnesota and Western Wisconsin to achieve their best health. North Memorial Health is a leader in delivering advanced medical care from Emergency, Urgent Care, Specialty Programs and Services, Primary Clinics, Ambulance and Air Medical Transportation.