Continuing Medical Education SpecialistApply
• Responsible for ensuring current and future compliance with the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) approval process for accreditation to deliver CME credit for North Memorial activities and events.
• Collects data from a variety of sources on trends in health care and advances in treatment and technology on an ongoing basis.
• Serves as a resource to assist individuals and groups in designing educational experiences that are congruent with North Memorial’s mission and goals.
• Assembles program planning committee with content experts, other educators, and members of targeted audience to identify learner needs and works with this committee to identify the goals, educational objectives and learning activities for each educational program, as well as supporting the strategic priorities of the organization.
• Identifies key performance indicators for program offerings and assists with reporting needs that demonstrate impact of provided educational opportunities
• Effectively work and consult with various stakeholders across the health system, including the CME Director of the Medical Staff, senior leaders, medical directors and clinical leaders
• Projects a program budget that reflects sound business practice.
• Manages all marketing and promotional materials ensuring they accurately reflect all aspects of the educational activity.
• Assumes responsibility for the implementation of the educational activity, coordinating all aspects of the site, speaker arrangements, audiovisual support and other needs of the adult learner.
• Ensures that learning activities are evaluated in a systematic, ongoing basis and incorporates evaluation data in future planning; creates measures that are aligned with the organization’s balanced score card.
• Maintains all necessary records of events, attestations, and conflict of interest documents consistent with ACCME and internal North Memorial standards.
• Assists in the planning and delivery of continuing medical education events in partnership with department leaders or course facilitators.
• Gathers, authors and/or edits all materials required for licensing/approving bodies for continuing education credit for other health care professionals as appropriate.
• Bachelor's degree in education or healthcare related filed required. Four years of health care related experience or an Associate's degree and two years of health care experience may be substituted for a Bachelor's degree.
• Two or more years of experience in a health care field required in addition to any experience substituted for education requirements.
• Conference/program planning experience required.
• Education design and delivery experience required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to problem solve and make decisions regarding department specific problems.
• Strong computer skills are required.
• Familiarity with MS Office products and design software preferred.
• Ability to transport self throughout medical center.
At North Memorial Health, we’re on a mission to change healthcare. We’re delivering unmatched customer service and empowering our customers throughout Minnesota and Western Wisconsin to achieve their best health. North Memorial Health is a leader in delivering advanced medical care from Emergency, Urgent Care, Specialty Programs and Services, Primary Clinics, Ambulance and Air Medical Transportation.