Clinical Nurse SpecialistApply
Variation of duties may result based on the assigned patient care unit(s). This may include differences in the specific clinical skills required of the CNS.
Critical Care CNS requires Critical Care Certification (CCNS) or Adult Health CNS with 5 years recent critical care experience.
• BLS required.
• Master's or Doctoral degree in nursing with special clinical study in specific area required.
• Three to five years of current clinical experience in area of clinical practice preferred.
• Three to five years as practicing CNS or Nurse Practitioner preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrated leadership, verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Commitment to active participation in shared accountability and decision making for the continuous improvement of nursing practice.
• Current BLS preparation or completion of BLS during orientation.
• Demonstrated skill proficiency in computer literacy or use of variety of software program (e.g., Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Registration as a CNS or Nurse Practitioner in the State of Minnesota. Current certification to the MN Board of Nursing or extension granted by the MN Board of Nursing to practice as a CNS or Nurse Practitioner
• Pending certification of a CNS or Nurse Practitioner examination for up to six months after completion of a successful CNS or Nurse Practitioner educational program. Failure to pass the exam will result in immediate suspension of privileges. Privileges will be reinstated upon evidence of successful completion of the certification examination. Prescriptive authority is not permitted during the pending certification process.
Prescriptive Authority preferred.
At North Memorial Health, we’re on a mission to change healthcare. We’re delivering unmatched customer service and empowering our customers throughout Minnesota and Western Wisconsin to achieve their best health. North Memorial Health is a leader in delivering advanced medical care from Emergency, Urgent Care, Specialty Programs and Services, Primary Clinics, Ambulance and Air Medical Transportation.