Cardiology Medical AssistantApply
• Assists provider with care of customers of all age groups.
• Ensures that exam rooms are prepared for exam.
• Follows the standard rooming process when rooming customers: obtains vitals and reconciles medications with customers.
• Performs diagnostic tests including but not limited to EKG’s, holter and event monitor set-up, vision and hearing screens, x-rays, nebulizer treatments, peak flows, O2 sats. Communicates outcomes verbally and documents appropriately.
• Notifies customer of test and procedure results under provider direction.
• Gives immunizations, injections, and other medications as directed by provider.
• Performs laboratory specimen collection as needed.
• Accepts other duties as assigned to promote the accomplishment of organizational goals.
• The team member is accountable to demonstrate proficiency for the skills outlined in the appropriate position skills list.
• The team member is accountable to maintain skill proficiency, including improvement where deemed necessary, and upgrading any additional or new skills on the appropriate position skills list.
• Previous experience in a clinical setting preferred.
• Passed x-ray operator’s examination or willing to take exam according to individual clinic needs.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Must be able to prioritize multiple tasks in an efficient manner.
• Knowledge of and skill in using computer software applications.
• High School graduate or equivalent (i.e., GED) required.
• Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program required.
• Must be certified; or pass the certification exam within 6 months of hire as a condition of continued employment.
• Medical Assistant Certification - NMHC Standard
High School Diploma/GED
Medical Assistant Diploma
At North Memorial Health, we’re on a mission to change healthcare. We’re delivering unmatched customer service and empowering our customers throughout Minnesota and Western Wisconsin to achieve their best health. North Memorial Health is a leader in delivering advanced medical care from Emergency, Urgent Care, Specialty Programs and Services, Primary Clinics, Ambulance and Air Medical Transportation.