General processing of purchase orders for institutional supplies and equipment, accomplished in an effective, timely and cost conscious manner in order to obtain supplies and deliver services.
• Review all daily incoming requisitions, and prioritize based on optimum customer care.
• Ensures quality and proper quantity of supply orders placed.
• Works with vendors in soliciting sources of supplies to establish and meet cost savings goals.
• Evaluates and identifies market conditions, availability of supplies, price trends with vendors soliciting supplies to establish and meet cost savings objectives.
• Manages all product returns, invoice issues, follow-up expediting, and locates acceptable substititue products.
• Participates on associated Value Analysis Team and compiles product usage for product cost analysis.
• Performs research via catalogs, vendors and directories in order to facilitate effective procurement decision making.
• Partners with internal and external customers in order to provide exceptional service to meet all requests.
• Accepts other duties as assigned to promote the accomplishment of organizational goals.
• The team member is accountable to demonstrate proficiency for the skills outlined in the appropriate position skills list.
• The team member is accountable to maintain skill proficiency, including improvement where deemed necessary, and upgrading any additional or new skills on the appropriate position skills list.
• Recognizes and complies with legal regulatory, accrediting and procedural requirements related to area of responsibility.
• Understands and follows principles and standards as outlined in North Memorial’s Corporate Code of Conduct.
• Protects customer and team member privacy and only accesses customer and/or team member related information as needed to perform job duties.
• Reports violations or areas of concern to supervisor or Corporate Compliance Officer via established methods of communication.
• High School diploma or GED required
• Two years college preferred, with emphasis in accounting, purchasing and other business courses or equivalent experience
• Minimum of one year purchasing experience, specifically in healthcare
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Familiar with automated Materials Management systems and able to analyze and utilize the data
• Must have knowledge of measuring product cost analysis
At North Memorial Health, we’re on a mission to change healthcare. We’re delivering unmatched customer service and empowering our customers throughout Minnesota and Western Wisconsin to achieve their best health. North Memorial Health is a leader in delivering advanced medical care from Emergency, Urgent Care, Specialty Programs and Services, Primary Clinics, Ambulance and Air Medical Transportation.