Clinic Office AssistantApply
• Greets customers and visitors in a pleasant and professional manner. Verifies and updates insurance and demographic information. Completes accurate registration and scheduling in Epic. Creates new EMR charts as needed.
• Receives and processes customer payments at time of service. Balances receipts daily.
• Prints encounter forms, has consent forms signed, scans insurance card and notifies medical staff of customers arrival.
• Scans reports into existing records, and performs other record maintenance issues.
• Handles Release of Information requests according to regulatory and department policies governing disclosure of information.
• Answers the telephone appropriately and directs calls and/or takes accurate messages.
• Facilitates communication between the medical staff and outside sources, e.g. referring physicians, outreach, nursing homes, home care and hospice. Communication may include written, electronic, paging, telephonic
• Manages messages and/or work queues as assigned within Epic inbasket.
• Maintains appointment schedule for physicians.
• Schedules outside physician visits, scans, x-rays, CTS, injections and labs according to the order and provides outside sources with requested customer information.
• Explains customer prep instructions and procedure information if required.
• Maintains appearance of reception area and waiting room, maintains coffee/beverage/snack stock and orders additional supplies as needed.
• Retrieves, sorts and delivers interoffice and incoming mail.
• Accepts other duties as assigned to promote the accomplishment of organizational goals.
• The team member is accountable to demonstrate proficiency for the skills outlined in the appropriate position skills list.
• The team member is accountable to maintain skill proficiency, including improvement where deemed necessary, and upgrading any additional or new skills on the appropriate position skills list.
• Previous clinical experience preferred.
• Previous computer experience preferred.
• EMR experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of medical terminology.
• High School graduate or equivalent (i.e. GED) required.
At North Memorial Health, we’re on a mission to change healthcare. We’re delivering unmatched customer service and empowering our customers throughout Minnesota and Western Wisconsin to achieve their best health. North Memorial Health is a leader in delivering advanced medical care from Emergency, Urgent Care, Specialty Programs and Services, Primary Clinics, Ambulance and Air Medical Transportation.