Nurse Practitioner (Palliative Medicine)Apply
• Master’s or higher degree in Nursing required.
• Certification prior to the Masters’ degree requirement and current practice as a Nurse Practitioner in their area of specialization or documentation of current competency.
Prefer 2 years of experience in a nurse practitioner role and experience working with geriatric population.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to balance prioritize work in a rapidly changing environment.
• Works well independently in addition to being skilled in interdisciplinary collaboration.
• Demonstrates effective written and oral communication.
Current registration as a nurse practitioner with the MN Board of Nursing,or pending certification of a nurse practitioner for up to six months after completion of a successful Nurse Practitioner educational program. Failure to pass the certification examination will result in immediate suspension of privileges. Privileges will be reinstated upon evidence of successful completion of the certification examination. Prescriptive authority is not permitted during the pending certification process.
Current certification as a Nurse Practitioner by a national nurse certification organization acceptable to the MN Board of Nursing:
• American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP)
• American Association of Critical Care Nurses Certification Corporation (AACN)
• American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
• National Certification Corporation for Obstetric, Gynecological, and Neonatal Nursing Specialties (NCC)
• Pediatric Nursing Certification Board (PNCB)
• Hospice and Palliative Certification
Current Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) certificate
• Current prescription and collaborative practice agreement with at least one collaborating physician
At North Memorial Health, we’re on a mission to change healthcare. We’re delivering unmatched customer service and empowering our customers throughout Minnesota and Western Wisconsin to achieve their best health. North Memorial Health is a leader in delivering advanced medical care from Emergency, Urgent Care, Specialty Programs and Services, Primary Clinics, Ambulance and Air Medical Transportation.