Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA)Apply
Unit/Department Specific: (if applicable)
CRNAs practice according to their licensure, expertise, state statutes or regulations, and institutional policy. CRNAs administer anesthesia and anesthesia-related care in four general categories: 1) preanesthetic preparation and evaluation; 2) anesthesia induction, maintenance and emergence; 3) post-anesthesia care; and 4) perianesthetic and clinical support functions.
• Minimum 2 years of critical care nursing experience
• Successful completion of a program approved by the AANA Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Education program.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrated leadership, verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Commitment to active participation in shared accountability and decision making for the continuous improvement of nurse anesthesia practice.
• Additional certification and continuing education as needed to maintain proficiency in current nurse anesthesia practice.
• Knowledge in changing and current issues and techniques in anesthesia.
• Knowledge and skill in the use of computers and electronic medical record documentation.
• Successful completion of a program approved by the AANA Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Education programs.
• Current certification through the National Board on Certification and Re-Certification of Nurse Anesthetists with compliance with criteria for biannual recertification. Evidence of successful completion of the certification examination must be received prior to the start of patient care. Failure to pass the certification examination will result in immediate suspension of privileges. Privileges will be reinstated upon evidence of successful completion of the certification examination, NMHC Standard
• Certification to include BLS, ACLS, and others as required by institutional policy for advanced practice nurses working in identified specialty areas, NMHC Standard
No On-Premise Call (16hr & 24hr Shifts)
At North Memorial Health, we’re on a mission to change healthcare. We’re delivering unmatched customer service and empowering our customers throughout Minnesota and Western Wisconsin to achieve their best health. North Memorial Health is a leader in delivering advanced medical care from Emergency, Urgent Care, Specialty Programs and Services, Primary Clinics, Ambulance and Air Medical Transportation.