Office Employee Class IIIApply
• Enters customer charges into the system in accordance with NMTS charge structure.
• Verifies all customer demographic and payer information.
• Updates computer charge maintenance files as necessary (i.e. procedure, diagnosis, and insurance master files).
• Processes bills for submission to insurance, and customer/customer statements. Reprocesses or re-bills claims as necessary.
• Assigns the appropriate diagnostic codes and UB92/1500 required billing codes (NMTS).
• Follows billing requirements designated by payer and/or the UB92/1500 manual.
• Performs various follow up activities including telephone calls, appeals, letters and utilizes payer websites to achieve timely resolution.
• Prepares refund requests or forwards to appropriate person depending on department/area.
• Reviews accounts to be considered for write off due to exhausted follow up efforts and time limits.
• Reviews accounts with balances that were a result of incorrect payer payments/adjustments.
• Enters detailed documentation of activity on accounts.
• Prepares and posts various payer remittances.
• Prepares and balances daily deposits.
• Processes credit card payments and posts payment to the appropriate account.
• Identifies credit balances and performs the appropriate action to resolve the credit.
• Assists customers with claims or payment issues.
• Answers telephone billing inquiries from customers, outside sources and in-house personnel.
• Performs skip tracing on accounts that are coded “Return Mail” or when the guarantor cannot be located.
• Processes uncollectable accounts for collection agency placement or the NMHC Financial Assistance program after exhausting all payment alternatives and upon review by the Supervisor.
• Accepts other duties as assigned to promote the accomplishment of organizational goals.
• The team member is accountable to demonstrate proficiency for the skills outlined in the appropriate position skills list.
• The team member is accountable to maintain skill proficiency, including improvement where deemed necessary, and upgrading any additional or new skills on the appropriate position skills list.
• High school graduate or equivalent (i.e., GED) required.
• Experience based on area:
• Coding certificate preferred (NMTS)
• Two years credit and collections experience required in a health care environment.
• Minimum one year multiple payer medical billing experience required in a health care environment.
• Minimum one year cash application (posting) experience required (will accept two years billing experience).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledgeable of and skill in using computer billing software.
• Knowledgeable of industry standards and payer requirements.
At North Memorial Health, we’re on a mission to change healthcare. We’re delivering unmatched customer service and empowering our customers throughout Minnesota and Western Wisconsin to achieve their best health. North Memorial Health is a leader in delivering advanced medical care from Emergency, Urgent Care, Specialty Programs and Services, Primary Clinics, Ambulance and Air Medical Transportation.