Emergency Medical TechnicianApply
• Provides compassionate basic life support care to customers of all ages at the scene and in the ambulance.
• Coordinates customer care with partner and other responders providing care.
• Inspires compassionate care by treating our customers, families, staff and others with courtesy, kindness and respect.
• Communicates customer outcomes verbally with accurate concise radio reports to the accepting hospital and to hospital staff accepting customer.
• Completes accurate written customer care record that is legible at completion of customer transport and enters customer care record into electronic record system.
• Performs operational duties to ensure worthiness and cleanliness of ambulance and equipment.
• Operates ambulance in a safe manner, obeys traffic laws and North Memorial Ambulance policy pertaining to safe driving and utilizes optimal safety precautions in all other aspects of this position.
• Takes an active role in professional development.
• Operates vehicles safely and in accordance with State law and department policies.
• Maintains minimum safety levels established by the department.
• Successfully completes all Medical Transportation Department driver’s training classroom and behind-the-wheel sessions.
• Treats customers and others at the scene in a courteous and professional manner at all times.
• Complies with FCC/NMMC protocols pertaining to radio and specific channel use. Transmits clear and concise information to the dispatcher and related health care facilities.
• Ensures proper stocking and vehicle maintenance
• Checks equipment and supplies in the vehicle
• Assures adequate supply stock and cleanliness of equipment and vehicle.
• Vehicle equipment checklist and failsafe data record are used / completed per established policies and procedures.
• Reports any vehicle damage or needed repairs.
• Stocks / restocks equipment and supplies used and reports deficiencies.
• Cleans equipment and vehicle thoroughly.
• May only perform the following 4 job functions on an ALS ambulance and the EMT must be trained and approved to complete the following:
• Obtains blood draw sample when indicated by standard operating procedures.
• May attach EKG monitor / defibrillator to customer and perform manual hands-off defibrillation under direction of paramedic.
• May prepare / administer various medications under direct supervisor / observation of paramedic.
• May determine blood glucose levels under direction of paramedic using chemstrip / glucometer method.
• Accepts other duties as assigned to promote the accomplishment of organizational goals.
• The team member is accountable to demonstrate proficiency for the skills outlined in the appropriate position skills list.
• The team member is accountable to maintain skill proficiency, including improvement where deemed necessary, and upgrading any additional or new skills on the appropriate position skills list.
• High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required
• Successfully completed an EMT training program from an accredited institution required
• Must successfully complete IV and medication variance training through North Memorial Ambulance
• Previous ambulance experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrated ability to organize, problem solve, make decisions during emergency situations and work independently.
• Possess or quickly acquire knowledge of the street and highway system within the service area.
• BLS Certification.
• Valid Class D Driver's license in the state of residency with an acceptable driving record.
At North Memorial Health, we’re on a mission to change healthcare. We’re delivering unmatched customer service and empowering our customers throughout Minnesota and Western Wisconsin to achieve their best health. North Memorial Health is a leader in delivering advanced medical care from Emergency, Urgent Care, Specialty Programs and Services, Primary Clinics, Ambulance and Air Medical Transportation.