RN Diabetes EducatorApply
Diabetes education, also known as diabetes self-management training (DSMT) or diabetes self-management education (DSME), is defined as a collaborative process through which people with, or at risk for, diabetes gain the knowledge and skills needed to modify behavior and successfully self-manage the disease and its related conditions. The intervention aims to achieve optimal health status, better quality of life and reduce the need for costly health care.
• Graduate from an accredited school of nursing required
• Bachelor Degree in Nursing preferred
• Minimum of two (2) years of experience as RN
• Previous experience in endocrinology or diabetes education preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrated competence in group reaching, presentation/public speaking skills for a diverse population.
• Experience in curriculum design, program planning and evaluation is required
• Evidence of valid cardiopulmonary resuscitation competence (AHA Guidelines).
• Board Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) through the National Certification Board for Diabetes Educators (NCBDE) as outlined within two years from date of hire
• Current drivers license in the state of residency with acceptable driving record
At North Memorial Health, we’re on a mission to change healthcare. We’re delivering unmatched customer service and empowering our customers throughout Minnesota and Western Wisconsin to achieve their best health. North Memorial Health is a leader in delivering advanced medical care from Emergency, Urgent Care, Specialty Programs and Services, Primary Clinics, Ambulance and Air Medical Transportation.