Why North Memorial Health?
At North Memorial Health you will be a valuable member of our inclusive and nurturing team that values professional growth, offering big benefits like tuition reimbursement and a supportive culture with a world of education and training opportunities.
Our health system encompasses two hospital locations in Robbinsdale and Maple Grove as well as a network of 25 clinics which includes 13 primary clinics, 6 specialty clinics, 4 urgent care/urgency centers and emergency care offerings covering five counties. Our Robbinsdale Hospital, established in 1954, is a 385-bed facility recognized as the top Level 1 Trauma center for 25 years, as well as serving as a Level II pediatric trauma center, and Level III NICU. Our Maple Grove Hospital was established in 2009, is a 134-bed facility recognized as a top hospital in the state for Women and Children Care, with a Level III NICU, and is the largest Family Birth Center in the state (~5,000 deliveries per year and over 60,000 babies delivered). Both have been named to the 2022 Fortune/Merative 100 Top Hospitals® list, 2023 Women’s Choice Award Best Hospitals list.
Benefits the North Way!
As North Memorial Health is a non-profit organization you are eligible for the Public Student Loan Forgiveness program. Most part-time and all full-time positions are eligible for benefits.
- Adoption Reimbursement up to $3000 per child!
- Child Care Discount Program with New Horizon 10% off weekly childcare tuition!
- Education/Tuition Reimbursement
- 24/7 Fitness Center Access for all benefit eligible team members!
Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At North Memorial Health we recognize that the strength of our team lies in our diversity and make every effort to embrace the unique contributions and experiences of each person on our team. We strive to ensure that everyone feels like they are a valuable part of our community, with initiatives that reinforce our belief in diversity, equity, and inclusivity, to promote a workforce that enables authenticity, as we want to be our best when providing effective services to our patients. We acknowledge and celebrate the unique traditions, backgrounds, languages, beliefs, and customs of our community, and want everyone to feel welcome. Through our DE&I initiatives we hope to dispel myths, assumptions, and acts of implicit bias. Some of these initiatives include:
- Addressing system racism and inequities through our Safer Work Environment (Safer) initiative
- Use of pronoun badges and preferred names
- Encouraging cultural awareness through education and training
About this position
Exercises leadership and advocates in a positive manner for patients and families, staff, services, and enterprise goals and objectives. Schedules and coordinates laboratory services and work assignments daily to ensure safe, efficient, and compliant laboratory service delivery. Achieves assigned clinical, financial, and productivity objectives in alignment with department and enterprise goals using assigned resources. Monitors and reports daily operational metrics and addresses as appropriate. Supports orientation and training of new staff and participates in performance evaluation, including reward or remediation as indicated. Assures continuous improvement through ongoing mentoring, coaching and performance assessment. Provides customer-focused, team-centered service delivery. Resolves problems and conflicts. Maintains open and accessible communication systems. The laboratory supervisor serves as a role model for North Memorial Health's mission, vision, values and guiding principles.
• Bachelor's degree in medical technology or Clinic Laboratory Science from an accredited college/university or equivalent education and laboratory experience to qualify under CLIA guidelines required.
• Minimum three years experience in the clinical laboratory.
• Laboratory leadership experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrated leadership, communication, organizational, and management skills
• Knowledge of Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments of 1988 (CLIA), Commission on Office Laboratory Accreditation (COLA) and other accrediting agency guidelines.
• Ability to problem solve.
• Ability to communicate in an effective manner.
• Must be able to drive to offsite clinics and laboratories.
• Ability to operate laboratory computer system as appropriate.
ASCP and/or NCA certified
The North Memorial Health System is dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t perfectly align with every qualification listed, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may still be the right candidate for this or other roles.
Work Group: Non Contract
Hours per two week pay period: 80
Shift: Days 8 hours
Weekend Requirement: None
Call Requirement: None
This position will provide leadership to the following locations - Blaine, Camden, Downtown, Fridley, Roseville, St. Anthony, Brooklyn Park
Remote or On-site: On-site
FLSA Status: Exempt