Why North Memorial Health?
At North Memorial Health you will be a valuable member of our inclusive and nurturing team that values professional growth, offering big benefits like tuition reimbursement and a supportive culture with a world of education and training opportunities.
Our health system encompasses two hospital locations in Robbinsdale and Maple Grove as well as a network of 24 clinics which includes 13 primary clinics, 5 specialty clinics, 4 urgent care/urgency centers and emergency care offerings covering five counties. Our Robbinsdale Hospital, established in 1954, is a 385-bed facility recognized as the top Level 1 Trauma center for 25 years, as well as serving as a Level II pediatric trauma center, and Level III NICU. Our Maple Grove Hospital was established in 2009, is a 134-bed facility recognized as a top hospital in the state for Women and Children Care, with a Level III NICU, and is the largest Family Birth Center in the state (~5,000 deliveries per year and over 50,000 babies delivered). Both have been named to the 2022 Fortune/Merative 100 Top Hospitals® list, 2023 Women’s Choice Award Best Hospitals list.
Benefits the North Way!
As North Memorial Health is a non-profit organization you are eligible for the Public Student Loan Forgiveness program. Most part-time and all full-time positions are eligible for benefits.
- Adoption Reimbursement up to $3000 per child!
- Child Care Discount Program with New Horizon 10% off weekly childcare tuition!
- Education/Tuition Reimbursement
- 24/7 Fitness Center Access for all benefit eligible team members!
Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At North Memorial Health we recognize that the strength of our team lies in our diversity and make every effort to embrace the unique contributions and experiences of each person on our team. We strive to ensure that everyone feels like they are a valuable part of our community, with initiatives that reinforce our belief in diversity, equity, and inclusivity, to promote a workforce that enables authenticity, as we want to be our best when providing effective services to our patients. We acknowledge and celebrate the unique traditions, backgrounds, languages, beliefs, and customs of our community, and want everyone to feel welcome. Through our DE&I initiatives we hope to dispel myths, assumptions, and acts of implicit bias. Some of these initiatives include:
- Addressing system racism and inequities through our Safer Work Environment (Safer) initiative
- Use of pronoun badges and preferred names
- Encouraging cultural awareness through education and training
About this position
The Registered Staff Nurse (RN) provides holistic, care to customers and families. The focus is on independent, collaborative and delegated nursing functions as described in standards and competencies specific to the assigned service area. The scope of practice may include the care of neonates, infants, children, young adults, adults, and older adults throughout the life cycle. The RN executes the Standards of Nursing Practice including: assessment; nursing diagnosis; outcome identification; planning; implementation; and evaluation. The RN develops and revises the customer's plan of care, coordinates care among disciplines and delegates activities to other customer care providers as appropriate. The RN participates in shared accountability and decision-making for nursing practices. Through active participation in practice and by implementing personal leadership qualities and skill, the RN defines, implements, and improves practice standards and the environment of care and promotes remarkable customer care.
Variation of duties may result based on the assigned customer care unit(s). This may include differences in the specific clinical skills required of the RN. Unit based skill lists outline expectations beyond the house wide RN requirements.
• Graduate from an accredited school of nursing required
• Bachelor's degree in Nursing preferred
• Previous Critical Care Experience Strongly Preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrated leadership, verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Additional certification preferred, as appropriate, for chosen area(s) of nursing practice (i.e., CEN, CCRN)
• Knowledge of professional nursing principles and practice.
• Knowledge of nursing ethics.
• Current licensure as RN in State of Minnesota
• Current Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification, pre-employment requirement
• NRP - in applicable units
• TNCC - in applicable units
• ACLS - in applicable units
• Current Wisconsin RN license - in applicable units
• EMT - in applicable units
• PALS - Air Care RNs
• CFRN within 15 months of hire date for Air Care RNs
• Home Health, Ambulance Services - Criticare and Air Care RNs: Valid Class D driver's license in state of residency with acceptable driving records and annual proof of auto insurance per hospital policy
The North Memorial Health System is dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t perfectly align with every qualification listed, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may still be the right candidate for this or other roles.
Work Group: MNA
Hours per two week pay period: 56
Shift: Day/Night 8 hours
Weekend Requirement: Every Other Weekend
Call Requirement: None
Remote or On-site: On-site
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt