About North Memorial Health Clinics,
At North Memorial Health Clinics, you’re part of an inclusive healthcare team dedicated to delivering a more connected experience for our patients. Caring for our patients and team is at the heart of what we do, and our culture is designed to actively support wellbeing, inspire innovation and encourage growth. Our strength lies in our diversity, and we embrace the unique contributions and experiences of each person. Together, we're empowering people to achieve their best health.
Blaine, Brooklyn Center, Brooklyn Park, Elk River, Fridley, Golden Valley, Maple Grove,
Minneapolis, Minnetonka, Monticello, New Hope, Roseville, Robbinsdale, St. Anthony
This position is eligible for a sign-on bonus of up to $3,000. Sign-on bonuses are prorated based on hours scheduled. Current team members or former team members employed by North Memorial Health, Maple Grove Health or North Memorial Health Clinics in the last six (6) months are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus. Sign-on bonuses have a repayment commitment, and a prorated repayment is required if the commitment is not fulfilled.
About this position
The Medical Assistant will manage the customer flow throughout the clinic and assist providers in the management and treatment of their customers. Customers come from a variety of backgrounds and various age groups requiring individualized care including infants, children, adolescents, adults, or geriatrics. The focus of the Medical Assistant is on collaborative, supportive and delegated tasks as described in the Blaze Health Medical Assistant scope of practice. Delegable tasks and competencies are specific to the role of the Supervising Nurse and Supervising Provider and are described by the Minnesota Board of Nursing and the Minnesota Board of Medical Practice. The Medical Assistant receives direction and collaborates with the Clinic Supervisor, Clinic Manager, and Providers to meet the defined goals of the customer, shift, department and organization. Communication with the health care team related to progress, concerns, questions or problems that arise are an essential element of the Medical Assistant role.
Clinic hours and available shifts vary by location. Some positions may require weekend rotation.
What we’ll expect from you
The Medical Assistant will perform clinical and clerical tasks to assist with the management of customer flow throughout the clinic. Tasks include standard rooming processes, giving immunizations, injections, and other medications as directed by the provider; and performing laboratory specimen collection as needed. Dependent upon the specialty and clinic location, the Medical Assistant also may:
• provide telephone support
• facilitate communication between customers and providers
• assist with prescription refills
• perform x-ray duties as assigned if individual has passed the x-ray operator exam
• perform phlebotomy duties
• perform clinic laboratory tests
The Medical Assistant also may provide support to the clinic:
• front desk/check-in support
• ordering and stocking supplies
• assistance with prior authorizations
• The team member is accountable to demonstrate proficiency for the skills outlined in the NMH Medical Assistant scope of Practice. Additional skills requiring competency evaluation are defined by Blaze Health and dependent on clinic.
• The team member is accountable to maintain skill proficiency, including improvement where deemed necessary, and upgrading any additional or new skills on the appropriate position skills list.
• Accepts other duties as assigned to promote the accomplishment of organizational goals.
• The Medical Assistant takes direction from the Physician, Provider, Registered Nurse, Clinic Supervisor and Clinic Manager.
• Understands and follows principles and standards as outlined in North Memorial's Corporate Code of Conduct.
• Protects customer and team member privacy and only accesses customer- and/or team member-related information as needed to perform job duties.
• Reports violations or areas of concern to supervisor or Corporate Compliance Officer via established methods of communication.
• Recognizes and complies with legal, regulatory, accrediting, and procedural requirements related to area of responsibility.
Interested? Here are our requirements
• High School graduate or equivalent (i.e. GED) required
• Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program OR On the job experience or training with participation in a registration program conducted by an accredited by a national health services organization, such as American Medical Technologists, and passing the credentialing exam.
• Medical Assistant certification preferred
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Previous experience in a clinical setting preferred.
• Passed x-ray operator’s examination or willing to take exam according to individual clinic needs.
• Occupational Medicine experience preferred. Only applicable for Occupational Medicine.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Must be able to prioritize multiple tasks in an efficient manner.
• Knowledge of and skill in using computer software applications.
• Travel using personal vehicle to various local worksites is required. Only applicable for Occupational Medicine.
• Current BLS Certification-NMHC Standard
Licensure/Certification(s) Mandatory where Applicable
• Breath Alcohol Tester Certification (Must obtain certification administered by North Memorial Health Clinics AFTER hire. Only applicable for Occupational Medicine) - NMHC Standard
• Must possess a current driver's license in the state of residency with an acceptable driving record. (Only applicable for Occupational Medicine) - NMHC Standard
• Medical Assistant Certification - NMHC Standard
Hours per two week pay period: various
Shift: Day/Evening Variable
Weekend Requirement: Weekends by Department Rotation
Work Group: Non Contract
Call Requirement: None
Remote or On-site: On-site
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Sign-on Bonus: Yes