Why North Memorial Health?
At North Memorial Health you will be a valuable member of our inclusive and nurturing team that values professional growth, offering big benefits like tuition reimbursement and a supportive culture with a world of education and training opportunities.
Our health system encompasses two hospital locations in Robbinsdale and Maple Grove as well as a network of 24 clinics which includes 13 primary clinics, 5 specialty clinics, 4 urgent care/urgency centers and emergency care offerings covering five counties. Our Robbinsdale Hospital, established in 1954, is a 385-bed facility recognized as the top Level 1 Trauma center for 25 years, as well as serving as a Level II pediatric trauma center, and Level III NICU. Our Maple Grove Hospital was established in 2009, is a 134-bed facility recognized as a top hospital in the state for Women and Children Care, with a Level III NICU, and is the largest Family Birth Center in the state (~5,000 deliveries per year and over 50,000 babies delivered). Both have been named to the 2022 Fortune/Merative 100 Top Hospitals® list, 2023 Women’s
Benefits the North Way!
As North Memorial Health is a non-profit organization you are eligible for the Public Student Loan Forgiveness program. Most part-time and all full-time positions are eligible for benefits.
- Adoption Reimbursement up to $3000 per child!
- Child Care Discount Program with New Horizon 10% off weekly childcare tuition!
- Education Reimbursement up to $3000 annually!
- 24/7 Fitness Center Access for all benefit eligible team members!
Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At North Memorial Health we recognize that the strength of our team lies in our diversity and make every effort to embrace the unique contributions and experiences of each person on our team. We strive to ensure that everyone feels like they are a valuable part of our community, with initiatives that reinforce our belief in diversity, equity, and inclusivity, to promote a workforce that enables authenticity, as we want to be our best when providing effective services to our patients. We acknowledge and celebrate the unique traditions, backgrounds, languages, beliefs, and customs of our community, and want everyone to feel welcome. Through our DE&I initiatives we hope to dispel myths, assumptions, and acts of implicit bias. Some of these initiatives include:
- Addressing system racism and inequities through our Safer Work Environment (Safer) initiative
- Use of pronoun badges and preferred names
- Encouraging cultural awareness through education and training
About this position
The dietary aide performs a variety of dietary tasks (trayline, dishroom, cleaning, stocking, sanitation, mopping, serving, special function service, patient tray delivery) in order to provide quality and appropriate service to promote customer satisfaction. Handles food operations per department and regulatory standards. Follows requirements for nutrition needs of age specific customer populations through adherence to Diet Office tray tickets and NMHC diet lists.
Hours: Must be able to work all of these rotating shifts: 6:00am-2:30pm, 7:00am-3:30pm, 11:30-8:00pm during the week and every other weekend. Shift hours subject to change depending upon business needs. This is a part time position.
• High school diploma or equivalent education preferred.
• Must be at least 16 years of age.
• Former institutional food service experience preferred, but not required. • Ability to problem solve in utilizing tally sheets
• Ability to perform basic math equations
• Ability to discern the difference in size and purpose of portion control
• Understands standard portions and the importance of portion control.
• Must be able to read, write, and follow oral and written directions in English.
• Must be able to speak to and greet customers in English in tray delivery/retail service.
• Must be a minimum of 18 years to operate the dish washer and the compactor.
The North Memorial Health System is dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t perfectly align with every qualification listed, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may still be the right candidate for this or other roles.
Work Group: 113 Service Workers
Hours per two week pay period: 64
Shift: Day and Evening 8 hours shifts
Weekend Requirement: Every Other Weekend
Call Requirement: None
Remote or On-site: On-site
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt