About North Memorial Health
At North Memorial Health, you're part of an inclusive health family that is rooted in our values of relationships, inventiveness, and accountability. Empathy and care are at the heart of North's culture which is designed to actively support each team member's wellbeing and growth. Our strength lies in our diversity, and we embrace the unique contributions and experiences of each person. Together, we empower customers to achieve their best health.
About this position
This position staffs the Welcome Center, providing unmatched customer service to customers, team members, providers, and visitors. The Welcome Center provides the first impression of all visitors to our campus. The Welcome Center Ambassador helps enforce a safe work environment, conducts symptom screening, provides face masks, and ensures visitor policies are adhered to. The role involves triaging and referring customers appropriately, answering questions and problem-solving as needed.
What we’ll expect from you
• Provides Unmatched Customer Service to customers, team members and visitors promptly and in a respectful, warm, & professional manner
• Greets all customers and visitors warmly, promptly and in a respectful and professional manner. Builds positive relationships with customers, visitors and team members, interacting in a warm, welcoming, helpful way always.
• Assesses needs accurately and quickly, looking for ways to exceed expectations.
• Answers telephone calls promptly and courteously in adherence to customer service standards
• Issues Photo ID badges to all families, visitors, and vendors who need them.
• Completes health screening for infection prevention for all visitors.
• Facilitate facility tours
• Adheres to department and North Memorial Health policies and procedures.
• Reports updates that are given directly to the Welcome Center to leadership to assure good communication, direction, and knowledge base
• Interact with co-workers as a supportive team player
• Arranges for wheelchairs and transport as needed.
• Arranges for prompt deliveries of flowers, mail and packages to customers and staff.
• Orients visitors to North Memorial health, providing directions and escorts if available, as needed.
• Any and all other duties as assigned relating to customer service and overall customer experience.
• Accepts other duties as assigned to promote the accomplishment of organizational goals.
• The team member is accountable to demonstrate proficiency for the skills outlined in the appropriate position skills list.
• The team member is accountable to maintain skill proficiency, including improvement where deemed necessary, and upgrading any additional or new skills on the appropriate position skills list.
• Recognizes and complies with legal regulatory, accrediting and procedural requirements related to area of responsibility.
• Understands and follows principles and standards as outlined in North Memorial’s Corporate Code of Conduct.
• Protects customer and team member privacy and only accesses customer and/or team member related information as needed to perform job duties.
• Reports violations or areas of concern to supervisor or Corporate Compliance Officer via established methods of communication.
Interested? Here are our requirements
• High school graduate or equivalent required.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• 2 - 3 years experience in a complex, time sensitive customer-facing, customer service role.
• Experience using critical thinking and problem solving to resolve customer concerns and questions.
• Experience working collaboratively in a diverse environment.
• Experience in a compassionate, empathetic healthcare setting preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Proficiency in computer technology, utilized throughout the Customer Experience department. Technology includes, electronic medical record software, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, intranet and internet capabilities
• Computer experience, including Microsoft Office applications, database management
• Strong organizational and verbal and written communication skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Exemplary customer service skills
Licensure/Certification(s) Mandatory where Applicable
Hours per two week pay period: 48
Shift: Day/Evening 8 hours
Weekend Requirement: Every Other Weekend
Work Group: 113 Service Workers
Call Requirement: None
Remote or On-site: On-site
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt