About North Memorial Health
At North Memorial Health, you're part of an inclusive health family that is rooted in our values of relationships, inventiveness, and accountability. Empathy and care are at the heart of North's culture which is designed to actively support each team member's wellbeing and growth. Our strength lies in our diversity, and we embrace the unique contributions and experiences of each person. Together, we empower customers to achieve their best health.
About this position
Supervises the daily operations of the Environmental Services (housekeeping) department. The competency of the supervisor working in the department will include the following areas of responsibility: Housekeeping, Laundry, Patient Transport, Valet, Guest Accommodations, Hazardous waste (RCRA), Infection Prevention AORN standards for invasive surgical areas, productivity and quality metrics, all contracted service that supports the department, and a shared service for all off-campus clinics. They are required to have an understanding on how metrics in the department are aligned with its scorecard and North Memorial's vision and mission. Duties include daily rounding the campus, utilizing electronic programs that quantify the environment as well as staff performance, one on one customer service, performing team member reviews including all positive and formal process improvement up to and including termination, electronic scheduling, event reporting, EPIC use, policy tech use, understanding and making budget recommendations and parking management. The supervisor supports team member's education, provides tools to perform the various job functions, and engages team members through listening to suggestions or ideas that will result in improving daily operations through inventiveness.
What we’ll expect from you
• Ability to work in each of several areas of accountability. This includes working knowledge of cleaning, linen distribution and ability to maintain staff performance through education and engagement.
• Achieves key customer care, financial and/or operational outcomes as found in annual work plan.
• Leverages and adheres to systems and processes that drive accountability for customer care, financial and operational outcomes.
• Works effectively with team colleagues and other key partners to execute divisional and/or departmental initiatives and day-to-day operations.
• Effectively communicates with teammates and key partners.
• Develops talent within the team, including acquiring, engaging and retaining.
• Staffs, organizes and schedules the team to leverage maximum labor productivity.
• Understands, tracks and focuses the team on metrics that measure key business outcomes.
• Translates organization vision and strategies to team level and mobilizes allocated resources to achieve profitable growth. Thought Leadership (Analysis, Strategic Thinking, Financial Acumen)
• Exhibit Inventiveness
• Analyze Issues and Creatively Solve Problems
• Understand Strategies
Results Leadership (Focus on Customers, Managing Execution, Results Orientation)
• Seek Customer Satisfaction
• See Challenges as Opportunities
• Support Team Members to anticipate customer's needs
People Leadership (Engage and Inspire, Talent Enhancement)
• Encourage Team Member engagement
• Set performance expectations and drive personal accountability
• Build Relationships
Personal Leadership (Adaptability)
• Embrace Change
• Create environment for team members to provide the best customer service
• Accept Accountability • Recognizes and complies with legal, regulatory, accrediting and procedural requirements related to area of responsibility.
• Understands and follows principles and standards as outlined in North Memorial's Corporate Code of Conduct.
• Protects customer and team member privacy and only accesses customer and/or team member related information as needed to perform job duties.
• Reports violations or areas of concern to supervisor or Corporate Compliance Officer via established methods of communication.
Interested? Here are our requirements
• High school graduate or equivalent (GED). Bachelor's degree preferred.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Three to five years of experience with at least one year in a preceptor/lead/supervisory role.
Health care experience preferred but not required.
• Ability to perform multiple tasks and projects.
• Working knowledge of computer software programs including EPIC, Word, Excel, Power Point.
• Day to day operations including staffing schedules, performance improvement, union contracts.
• Knowledge of business, familiarity with financial statements, and strong analytical skills.
• Strong independent judgment around planning, prioritizing and organizing a diversified workforce.
• Proven track record in meeting deadlines and attention to details.
Licensure/Certification(s) Mandatory where Applicable
Hours per two week pay period: 80
Shift: Day 8 hours
Weekend Requirement: Occasional Weekends
Work Group: Non Contract
Call Requirement: None
Remote or On-site: On-site
FLSA Status: Exempt