About North Memorial Health
At North Memorial Health, you're part of an inclusive health family that is rooted in our values of relationships, inventiveness, and accountability. Empathy and care are at the heart of North's culture which is designed to actively support each team member's wellbeing and growth. Our strength lies in our diversity, and we embrace the unique contributions and experiences of each person. Together, we empower customers to achieve their best health.
About this position
The Supervisor Nursing (Assistant Nurse Manager) assumes responsibility for planning, implementing, coordinating and evaluating patient care activities, staff education and management activities delegated by the Nurse Manager. Acts as a resource to staff in developing, implementing, and evaluating patient care standards to meet the needs of the patient populations served. Coordinates unit resources within financial parameters set in annual budgeting process in collaboration with Nurse Manager. Participates with organizational and department leadership in developing, implementing, and evaluating strategic and operational plans that are aligned with organizational mission, vision, assets, strategies and initiatives.
What we’ll expect from you
• Achieves key patient care, financial and/or operational outcomes as found in annual work plan.
• Leverages and adheres to systems and processes that drive accountability for patient care, financial and operational outcomes.
• Works effectively with team colleagues and other key partners to execute divisional and/or departmental initiatives and day-to-day operations.
• Effectively communicates with teammates and key partners.
• Develops talent within the team, including acquiring, engaging and retaining.
• Staffs, organizes and schedules the team to leverage maximum labor productivity.
• Understands, tracks and focuses the team on metrics that measure key business outcomes.
• Translates organization vision and strategies to team level and mobilizes allocated resources to achieve profitable growth.
• Ensures that care is delivered with respect for individuals' rights and preferences.
• Develops and implements policy and procedures that guide and support the provision of nursing services.
• Assumes responsibility to ensure that assignments reflect appropriate utilization of personnel, considering the scope of practice, competencies, patient needs and complexity of care.
• Provides consultation for related concerns and acts as a customer advocate by demonstrating sensitivity to ethical and legal ramifications of practice.
• Builds an environment of shared commitment and engagement to the department's goals and responsibility to achieve quality outcomes. Utilizes process improvement principles to assess and improve the quality of service/care.
• Ensures shared accountability for professional practice and annually evaluates performance of personnel.
• Accepts other duties as assigned to promote the accomplishment of organizational goals. Thought Leadership (Analysis, Strategic Thinking, Financial Acumen)
• Exhibit Inventiveness
• Analyze Issues and Creatively Solve Problems
• Understand Strategies
Results Leadership (Focus on Customers, Managing Execution, Results Orientation)
• Seek Customer Satisfaction
• See Challenges as Opportunities
• Support Team Members to anticipate customer's needs
People Leadership (Engage and Inspire, Talent Enhancement)
• Encourage Team Member engagement
• Set performance expectations and drive personal accountability
• Build Relationships
Personal Leadership (Adaptabiliy)
• Embrace Change
• Create environment for team members to provide the best customer service
• Accept Accountability • Recognizes and complies with legal, regulatory, accrediting and procedural requirements related to area of responsibility.
• Understands and follows principles and standards as outlined in North Memorial's Corporate Code of Conduct.
• Protects customer and team member privacy and only accesses customer and/or team member related information as needed to perform job duties.
• Reports violations or areas of concern to supervisor or Corporate Compliance Officer via established methods of communication.
Interested? Here are our requirements
Bachelors Degree in Nursing or related field; Masters preferred. Experience may be substituted for part of preferred educational qualifications as appropriate.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Knowledge of professional nursing principles and practice
• Knowledge of nursing ethics
• Current MN RN licensre - NMHC Standard
• Current BLS certification or obtained within 6 months of hire
- NMHC Standard
Licensure/Certification(s) Mandatory where Applicable
Hours per two week pay period: 80
Shift: Days Variable
Weekend Requirement: Weekends as Needed
Work Group: Non Contract
Call Requirement: Occasional Call
Remote or On-site: On-site
FLSA Status: Exempt