About North Memorial Health
At North Memorial Health, you're part of an inclusive health family that is rooted in our values of relationships, inventiveness, and accountability. Empathy and care are at the heart of North's culture which is designed to actively support each team member's wellbeing and growth. Our strength lies in our diversity, and we embrace the unique contributions and experiences of each person. Together, we empower customers to achieve their best health.
About this position
This position is based out of our office in Robbinsdale, MN. Will travel within the metro area to our clinics and hospitals.
As a Desktop Service Specialist, you will work as a part of the End User Technology (EUT) team involved with providing advanced technical support and issue resolution to internal and external customers of all types and skill levels. You are an important onsite IT ambassador who directly connects IT services to valued customers. You will implement new and collaborative solutions while working closely with cross-functional teams across IT and the organization to maintain and manage desktop environments at North Memorial and Blaze locations - all while providing an exceptional user experience. Duties include (but not limited to) the following:
What we’ll expect from you
• Serves as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for best practices, supports end-user technology by providing consultation and support on complex projects and/or issues, investigates issues and underlying causes to provide solutions to recover or continue operations
• Images, deploys, reclaims and upgrades IT products, including workstations, laptops, telecommunication devices, mobile devices, printers, peripherals, and software.
• Analyzes, troubleshoots and resolves hardware, software, and peripheral issues
• Plans, prioritizes, organizes and completes work to meet established objectives
• Anticipates customer needs and proactively identifies solutions
• Maintains thorough and detailed support documentation, following IT Quality Measurement expectations
• Adheres to established support and security procedures
• Communicates regularly with customers to manage service level expectations
• Participates in after-hours on-call support
• Provides at-the-elbow guidance and coaching for less experienced Desktop Support Team members
• Accepts other duties as assigned to promote the accomplishment of organizational goals.
• The team member is accountable to demonstrate proficiency for the skills outlined in the appropriate position skills list.
• The team member is accountable to maintain skill proficiency, including improvement where deemed necessary, and upgrading any additional or new skills on the appropriate position skills list.
• Recognizes and complies with legal regulatory, accrediting and procedural requirements related to area of responsibility.
• Understands and follows principles and standards as outlined in North Memorial’s Corporate Code of Conduct.
• Protects customer and team member privacy and only accesses customer and/or team member related information as needed to perform job duties.
• Reports violations or areas of concern to supervisor or Corporate Compliance Officer via established methods of communication.
Interested? Here are our requirements
• Associate's degree, two-year technical certificate or 2+ years equivalent direct Technology Support experience, required
• Bachelor's degree (or Higher) or related work experience, preferred
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• 2 years' experience in Information Technology, required
• 2 years' experience within the Health Care related field, preferred
• Mid-level experience with PC operating systems, including Windows 10, Microsoft Office, remote support applications and Microsoft 365 and Active Directory
• Demonstrated ability to solve complex workstation issues
• Strong customer service experience in a technical setting
• Ability to work in a team environment, strong interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize, analyze and solve problems/activities with minimal work direction
• Experience with Microsoft operating systems, Office suite and ITIL Service Management structure
• Experience with logins, printing, and remote access
• Familiarity with SCCM, Active Directory, Azure AD, and Networking configuration and administration
• Valid Class D driver's license in state of residency with an acceptable driving record
Licensure/Certification(s) Mandatory where Applicable
• Microsoft Desktop Support Technician Certification
Hours per two week pay period: 80
Shift: Days 8 hours
Weekend Requirement: Weekends by Department Rotation
Work Group: Non Contract
Call Requirement: On/Off Premise Call
Remote or On-site: On-site
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt