About North Memorial Health
At North Memorial Health, you're part of an inclusive health family that is rooted in our values of relationships, inventiveness, and accountability. Empathy and care are at the heart of North's culture which is designed to actively support each team member's wellbeing and growth. Our strength lies in our diversity, and we embrace the unique contributions and experiences of each person. Together, we empower customers to achieve their best health.
About this position
Manages the operations of the Patient Registration Department by planning, organizing, directing and evaluating all activities. Assists in the oversight of Shared Services responsibilities related to customer registration. Identifies and implements Total Quality Management initiatives. Facilitates compliance with Human Resources processes and programs. Manages budgetary resources within financial parameters. Develops and implements operational and strategic plans.
In a 24/7 environment issues may arise outside of normal M-F business hours. Manager may need to be available for those issues ( e.g., upgrades, downtime, etc.)
What we’ll expect from you
• Ensures an accurate customer registration process, providing needed statistics.
• Participates with IS to integrate processes to improve effectiveness and efficiency of the customer registration process. This includes evaluation of the existing registration system and involvement in evaluating and implementation of other vendor offered products that relate to customer registration.
• Represents Revenue Cycle Services on multi-department teams to identify and implement process improvements or implement regulatory changes.
• Serves as a resource on customer registration issues and procedures to affiliated business units.
• Keeps current on industry and regulatory changes and communicates to staff. Represents NMHC at industry forums to provide networking and process improvement opportunities.
• Coordinates Point of Service Collection processes across NMHC and Shared Services entities.
• Works with other departments to ensure a smooth, rapid customer flow from arrival to destination department, resolving problems as they occur.
• Achieves key customer care, financial and/or operational outcomes as found in annual work plan.
• Leverages and adheres to systems and processes that drive accountability for customer care, financial and operational outcomes.
• Works effectively with team colleagues and other key partners to execute divisional and/or departmental initiatives and day-to-day operations.
• Effectively communicates with teammates and key partners.
• Develops talent within the team, including acquiring, engaging and retaining.
• Staffs, organizes and schedules the team to leverage maximum labor productivity.
• Understands, tracks and focuses the team on metrics that measure key business outcomes.
• Translates organization vision and strategies to team level and mobilizes allocated resources to achieve profitable growth. Thought Leadership (Analysis, Strategic Thinking, Financial Acumen)
• Exhibit Inventiveness
• Act Strategically
• Use Financial Data
Results Leadership (Focus on Customers, Managing Execution, Results Orientation)
• Meet Customer Needs
• See Challenges as Opportunities
• Support Team Members to anticipate customer's needs
People Leadership (Engage and Inspire, Talent Enhancement)
• Engage Team Member engagement
• Set performance expectations and drive personal accountability
• Build Relationships
Personal Leadership (Adaptabiliy)
• Embrace Change
• Create environment for team members to provide the best customer service
• Accept Accountability • Recognizes and complies with legal, regulatory, accrediting and procedural requirements related to area of responsibility.
• Understands and follows principles and standards as outlined in North Memorial's Corporate Code of Conduct.
• Protects customer and team member privacy and only accesses customer and/or team member related information as needed to perform job duties.
• Reports violations or areas of concern to supervisor or Corporate Compliance Officer via established methods of communication.
Interested? Here are our requirements
• High School graduate or equivalent required.
• Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration preferred.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Minimum three years supervisory/management experience in health care required.
• Supervisory/management experience in customer-focused registration processes preferred.
• Demonstrated Total Quality Management, leadership, communication, organizational and management skills.
• Familiarity with medical insurance plans as they relate to medical billing.
Hours per two week pay period: 80
Shift: Days 8 hours
Weekend Requirement: Every 4th Weekend
Work Group: Non Contract
Call Requirement: Occasional Call
Remote or On-site: Hybrid On-site
FLSA Status: Exempt