About North Memorial Health
At North Memorial Health, you're part of an inclusive health family that is rooted in our values of relationships, inventiveness, and accountability. Empathy and care are at the heart of North's culture which is designed to actively support each team member's wellbeing and growth. Our strength lies in our diversity, and we embrace the unique contributions and experiences of each person. Together, we empower customers to achieve their best health.
About this position
The Care Access Nurse Line Nurse uses the nursing process in coordinating all aspects of care for customers. Delivering Unmatched Customer Experience while following high level of service expectations. The Nurse applies telephonic communication with and/or regarding an established customer or non-North Memorial established customer in which the Nurse utilizes medically approved nursing protocols to determine urgency of the customer's needs, and appropriate level of care; clinical judgement; and clinical care coordination. The Nurse works towards providing clinical support and coordination to all North Memorial Health Programs. The Nurse maximizes the customer's health outcomes by triaging, coordinating, and communicating customer care needs. The Nurse executes the Standards of Nursing Practice including: assessment; nursing diagnosis; outcome identification; planning, implementation; and evaluation. The Nurse will provide education, advice, and facilitate communication between customers and North Memorial Health providers, clinics, and departments. At all times, the Nurse helps to foster a team-based, supportive, and collaborative care and work environment, including documenting within the electronic medical record. The scope of practice includes the care of neonates, infants, pediatrics young adults, and older adults throughout the life cycle.
What we’ll expect from you
• By telephone, interviews the customer and/or caller and collects data to form a nursing assessment. Explores secondary sources in the medical record such as: diagnostic tests, laboratory result, medications, allergies, problem lists, past and present medical history, when available. This assessment will help formulate the nursing diangosis which will lead the nurse to develop a plan and intervention for the customer using clinic approved telephone nursing triage protocols.
• Delivering Unmatched Customer Experience during all interactions, demonstrating our values of Relationships and Accountability.
• Collaborates with customers, families, peers, and other care providers to provide continuity of care, including home treatment options, public health information, and higher levels of care. Supports all transitions of care.
• Per clinic specific policy, may implement a guideline or protocol which results in a prescription and/or prescription refill.
• Documents to optimize coordination and communication in the electronic medical record.
• Demonstrates clear communication, customer service, and telephone etiquette skills.
• Consults with providers regarding clarification of orders, and in any situation where the nurse has a question about plan and/or intervention.
• Facilitates conversations and works between all departments across North Memorial Health.
• Educates and supports customers in navigating and accessing health care; education about the importance of primary care and preventative screenings; encourages follow-up and follow-thourgh with plans of care.
• Participates in discharge outreach and follow up.
• Coordinates care for customers.
• Recognizes emergent situations and responds promptly and effectively.
• Systematically evaluates the quality and effectiveness of customer care practices.
• Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-services, and workshops.
• Evaluates own nursing practice in relation to professional practice standards and relevant statutes and regulations.
• Develops and/or assists with development and implemetation of policies and procedures, as needed.
• Participates in team meetings, as necessary.
• Accepts other duties as assigned to promote the accomplishment of organizational goals.
• The team member is accountable to demonstrate proficiency for the skills outlined in the appropriate position skills list.
• The team member is accountable to maintain skill proficiency, including improvement where deemed necessary, and upgrading any additional or new skills on the appropriate position skills list.
• Recognizes and complies with legal regulatory, accrediting, and procedural requirements related to area of responsibility.
• Understands and follows principles and standards as outlined in North Memorial’s Corporate Code of Conduct.
• Protects customer and team member privacy and only accesses customer and/or team member related information as needed to perform job duties.
• Reports violations or areas of concern to supervisor or Corporate Compliance Officer via established methods of communication.
Interested? Here are our requirements
• Graduate from an accredited school of Nursing
• Bachelor's degree in nursing preferred
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• 1-2 years of nursing experience in a hospital, nursing home, or clinic setting required.
• Prefer 3 or more years experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to provide telephone nursing assessment of the actual or potential health needs of an individual and provide nursing care such as teaching, counseling, case finding and referral to other health resources and evaluates these actions.
• Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
• Knowledge of drugs and their indication, contraindications, dosing, side effects and proper administration.
• Knowledge of nursing theory and practice.
• Knowledge of customer evaluation and triage procedures.
• Ability to maintain quality, safety, and infection control standards.
• Ability to listen, observe, assess, and record symptoms, reactions, and progress.
• Ability to balance, prioritize work in a rapidly changing environment.
• Works well independently in addition to being skilled in interdisciplinary collaboration.
• Demonstrates effective written and oral communication.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge of primary care principles and practices.
• Strong computer skills.
• Current licensure as RN in State of Minnesota
• Current BLS training or completion of the training process during orientation
Licensure/Certification(s) Mandatory where Applicable
Hours per two week pay period: 0
Shift: Day/Evening/Night Variable
Weekend Requirement: Weekends as Needed
Work Group: Non Contract
Call Requirement: None
Remote or On-site: Hybrid Remote
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt