About North Memorial Health
At North Memorial Health, you're part of an inclusive health family that is rooted in our values of relationships, inventiveness, and accountability. Empathy and care are at the heart of North's culture which is designed to actively support each team member's wellbeing and growth. Our strength lies in our diversity, and we embrace the unique contributions and experiences of each person. Together, we empower customers to achieve their best health.
About this position
Do you enjoy working with customers and being on the phone? We're looking for someone who has great customer service skills, knows their way around a computer, has great data entry, typing, and phone skills.
Here at North Memorial Health our patients are our customers. Join an empowering, supportive, and responsive environment that delivers unmatched experience to customers.
- $19.28 to $20 an hour
- Shift differentials: $1 an hour working weekends and evenings, $1.50 working nights
For this position, you must:
- live in Minnesota or Wisconsin to be considered for this position
- have high speed internet at home, this is a remote position working at home except for training
- work rotating evenings, weekends, and day shifts.
- work Mondays
- attend 4 onsite shifts for training in Robbinsdale, MN during the first two weeks of employment and after that, the position is remote. The training shifts are up to 8 hours during the day.
- have a strong a customer service background and strong data entry/typing, computer, and phone skills
Benefits: Benefits for full time employees and employees hired 20 hours or more a week part time
The Customer Service Representative provides unmatched customer service to North Memorial customers and staff, in a call-center like environment. The Customer Service Representative works as a partner of the clinic care team by managing phone contact to provide customers with proficient, customer-centered services that meets or exceeds expectations. The Customer Service Representative is accountable for various functions related to the efficient operation of registration, scheduling, and call routing/navigating. Proactive problem solving in order to ensure One Call One Resolution or soft handoff when appropriate.
What we’ll expect from you
• Builds rapport with customers to support North Memorial's strategic priority of unmatched customer service during all interactions, demonstrating our values of relationships and accountability.
• Demonstrates clear communication, preferred appointment times, language and telephone etiquette skills.
• Directs, encourages and educates customers on the use of other access points, i.e. MyChart, Online Appointment scheduling, Text and Chat, Zipnosis.
• Completes accurate scheduling and registrations in Epic for all customers.
• Facilitates communication between the medical staff and outside resources, e.g. referring physicians, outreach, home care and hospice.
• Maintains and coordinates appointment schedules for providers and other various non-provider treatment schedules to their prefrence in EPIC.
• Watches/monitors health maintenance alerts and makes customers aware.
• Runs workbench/worklist reports in Epic (i.e. reschedule list, wait list, interpreter schedule worklist).
• Works Epic WorkQueues (i.e. Pre-Registration WQ, Epicare Link Scheduling).
• Coordinates online appointment requests.
• Accepts other duties as assigned to promote the accomplishment of organizational goals.
• The team member is accountable to demonstrate proficiency for the skills outlined in the appropriate position skills list.
• The team member is accountable to maintain skill proficiency, including improvement where deemed necessary, and upgrading any additional or new skills on the appropriate position skills list.
• Recognizes and complies with legal regulatory, accrediting and procedural requirements related to area of responsibility.
• Understands and follows principles and standards as outlined in North Memorial’s Corporate Code of Conduct.
• Protects customer and team member privacy and only accesses customer and/or team member related information as needed to perform job duties.
• Reports violations or areas of concern to supervisor or Corporate Compliance Officer via established methods of communication.
Interested? Here are our requirements
• High School diploma or equivalent (GED) preferred.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• 1 year customer service experience required.
• Minimum of 6 months scheduling experience and/or registration experience preferred.
• Call center experience preferred.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Experience in health care setting preferred.
• Understanding of HIPAA
• Independent problem solving skills.
• Skilled in MS Office products
Licensure/Certification(s) Mandatory where Applicable
Hours per two week pay period: 70
Shift: Day/Evening 10 hours
Weekend Requirement: Every Weekend
Work Group: Non Contract
Call Requirement: None
Remote or On-site: Hybrid Remote
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt