About North Memorial Health
At North Memorial Health, you’re part of an inclusive health family that is rooted in our values of relationships, inventiveness, and accountability. Empathy and care are at the heart of North’s culture which is designed to actively support each team member’s wellbeing and growth. Our strength lies in our diversity, and we embrace the unique contributions and experiences of each person. Together, we empower customers to achieve their best health.
About this position
You must live in Minnesota or Wisconsin to be considered for this position or be willing to relocate. This position is a combination of working remotely at home and onsite at our headquarters in Robbinsdale, Minnesota. You must have high speed internet at home to work remotely.
Partners with key business leaders in either hospital or clinic operations to improve financial and operational performance. Works with all levels of the organization, including frequent interaction with senior leadership. Leads detailed cost accounting process that provides analytics to better guide decision making for the system.
What we’ll expect from you
• Leads quarterly cost accounting process by partnering with business operations and financial analysts.
• Creates financial models to evaluate cost-benefit of clinical initiatives and new business opportunities that guide decision making
• Develops pro formas and relates sensitivity analysis, evaluates capital projects, conduct rate/volume analysis, fixed vs variable analysis and complete other ad hoc requests
• Provides labor cost and productivity reporting for assigned operating unit and partner cross-functionally to identify solutions that reduce the cost of delivering healthcare without compromising quality
• Enhances service line profitability reporting and analysis and assists in developing metrics that measure business performance
• Translates and articulates detailed financial findings to senior management in a variety of delivery methods
• Accepts other duties as assigned to promote the accomplishment of organizational goals.
• The team member is accountable to demonstrate proficiency for the skills outlined in the appropriate position skills list.
• The team member is accountable to maintain skill proficiency, including improvement where deemed necessary, and upgrading any additional or new skills on the appropriate position skills list.
• Recognizes and complies with legal regulatory, accrediting and procedural requirements related to area of responsibility.
• Understands and follows principles and standards as outlined in North Memorial’s Corporate Code of Conduct.
• Protects customer and team member privacy and only accesses customer and/or team member related information as needed to perform job duties.
• Reports violations or areas of concern to supervisor or Corporate Compliance Officer via established methods of communication.
Interested? Here are our requirements
• Bachelors degree in accounting or finance, or related equivalent degree/experience.
• MBA preferred.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• 5+ years of experience analyzing and interpreting data, preferably within a healthcare setting.
• 3+ years of direct cost accounting experience, preferably within a healthcare setting.
• Experience as a business analyst or in a business-operations role with responsibility for forecasts, performance measurement, and business analytics.
Licensure/Certification(s) Mandatory where Applicable
Hours per two week pay period: 80
Shift: Days 8 hours
Weekend Requirement: None
Work Group: Non Contract
Call Requirement: None
Remote or On-site: Hybrid On-site
FLSA Status: Exempt